Custom Map #1784: Spread emitter. By: Zoura3025

Started by AutoPost, March 01, 2015, 01:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1784: Spread emitter

Author: Zoura3025
Size: 64x64

Desc:
Another new creeper titan weapon, another Skarsguard rage. Let me know what you think on the forums, also this is a TEST MAP!!! Don't complain about the terrain.

teknotiss

if this is a test map i suggest you, instead of adding it to CS in a unfinished state, add it to a thread in this forum
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?board=32.0
make thread and call it Zoura3025's maps or somesuch, and post all maps that need testing in there, there are plenty of people who'll help perfect your ideas!
since you state it's a test map perhaps you'd like us to report the map to have it removed and it can be tested thoroughly before you post it?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Helper

Concur with 'tek'.
Test your maps with other players in the thread shown and post compete maps here for the players.
Thanks,'
H

Zoura3025

Quote from: teknotiss on March 01, 2015, 06:51:25 AM
if this is a test map i suggest you, instead of adding it to CS in a unfinished state, add it to a thread in this forum
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?board=32.0
make thread and call it Zoura3025's maps or somesuch, and post all maps that need testing in there, there are plenty of people who'll help perfect your ideas!
since you state it's a test map perhaps you'd like us to report the map to have it removed and it can be tested thoroughly before you post it?
Ok, sorry about that, but really this is supposed to be a training map for the tech, as in my eyes it is finished.
(09:06:07) Zoura3025: But for us diehard fans: "Time is Sanity"

teknotiss

Quote from: Zoura3025 on March 01, 2015, 10:28:26 AM
Ok, sorry about that, but really this is supposed to be a training map for the tech, as in my eyes it is finished.

no probs, understand we criticise to be constructive, not to hurt feelings etc
so maybe make it a little prettier?
in the food industry it's said "the first bite is with the eye" and i think this applies in this games maps too!
if a player is skimming through CS in a few weeks or months a visually attractive map will stand out, and have a better chance of being played.
it'd be a shame for you to do that work on the CRPL and then have it missed by most players who'll be choosing other maps to play simply because it doesn't grab them as an image in CS.
putting "also this is a TEST MAP" won't help, many will assume it's not finished and will wait, thinking the final version will be released.
so i hope that this will help you become a better and more prolific mapper, we need as many as we can get, but we want to keep the standards of CS really high if we can! 8)

ps a refrain i often state is "no forge = no fun" hint hint hint! ;) you can limit total aether with reserves or limit tech options in the editor if you need to
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Zoura3025

Quote from: teknotiss on March 01, 2015, 10:51:30 AM
Quote from: Zoura3025 on March 01, 2015, 10:28:26 AM

no probs, understand we criticise to be constructive, not to hurt feelings etc
so maybe make it a little prettier?
in the food industry it's said "the first bite is with the eye" and i think this applies in this games maps too!
if a player is skimming through CS in a few weeks or months a visually attractive map will stand out, and have a better chance of being played.
it'd be a shame for you to do that work on the CRPL and then have it missed by most players who'll be choosing other maps to play simply because it doesn't grab them as an image in CS.
putting "also this is a TEST MAP" won't help, many will assume it's not finished and will wait, thinking the final version will be released.
so i hope that this will help you become a better and more prolific mapper, we need as many as we can get, but we want to keep the standards of CS really high if we can! 8)

ps a refrain i often state is "no forge = no fun" hint hint hint! ;) you can limit total aether with reserves or limit tech options in the editor if you need to

Ok, I see where you are going with this, I will try to make the maps for new tech "Finished" in the future. Thanks for the advice!

Jerdog

Test map aside, the CPRL didn't seem to do much.  I'd need a bigger map with more going on so see it in action and give any kind of constructive criticism on it.

Zoura3025

Thanks to everyone for all the constructive criticism, it makes me feel good and I might one day be one of the big guys!