Custom Map #1781: Barrage.test. By: Zoura3025

Started by AutoPost, February 28, 2015, 08:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1781: Barrage.test

Author: Zoura3025
Size: 84x84

Desc:
Hmm... A test map for a new creeper tech, what could it mean or be? Tell me what you think on the forums!

Jerdog

The 'tech' works fine.  Now improve the terrain and you've got something.

Zoura3025

Quote from: Jerdog on February 28, 2015, 10:10:24 PM
So, I released this to train people against it. And besides, it's simulated! It doesn't have to be realistic.
(09:06:07) Zoura3025: But for us diehard fans: "Time is Sanity"

teknotiss

Quote from: Zoura3025 on February 28, 2015, 10:49:14 PM
Quote from: Jerdog on February 28, 2015, 10:10:24 PM
So, I released this to train people against it. And besides, it's simulated! It doesn't have to be realistic.

perhaps just accepting constructive comments and moving on, rather than telling people it's not realistic. it's not about realism, it's about visually interesting maps, the monotone terrain isn't a good look.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Helper

"Tell me what you think on the forums!"

When you specifically request opinions, please accept them in the spirit offered.
You're posting these 'test' maps in CS, but the PLAYERS here don't need to be tested. It is YOUR map design that needs testing and there is a thread designed for just that.

One large missing piece from this game is the availability of Aether/Totems. Even small/short games tend to be better received when there is the option for upgrading.
Thanks,
H

Zoura3025

Ok. I'm sorry about that, this is my first time hardcore crpl coding...

teknotiss

Quote from: Zoura3025 on March 01, 2015, 10:30:22 AM
Ok. I'm sorry about that, this is my first time hardcore crpl coding...

hey no probs!
test maps don't need to be pretty, but are better in a testing thread
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?board=32.0
go in there and make a post for your maps, and lots of coders and players will help get the ideas sorted, then you just need to add some interesting terrain and colours etc to the maps and presto, you'll be getting good map ratings! 8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Asbestos

Fun map, good CRPL, excellently balanced beginning structures, poor aesthetics. Vary the terrain up a little more, add some more enemies, maybe put a little more challenge in the start. And if it has to be a simulation, at least make it a Matrix-type simulation, with green neon lines and black backgrounds and that sort of thing. Also, no Forge = no fun.

Zoura3025

Quote from: Asbestos on March 01, 2015, 11:59:52 AM
Fun map, good CRPL, excellently balanced beginning structures, poor aesthetics. Vary the terrain up a little more, add some more enemies, maybe put a little more challenge in the start. And if it has to be a simulation, at least make it a Matrix-type simulation, with green neon lines and black backgrounds and that sort of thing. Also, no Forge = no fun.
Ok. Thanks of the input!