Custom Map #1739: Creeper Bridge (PAC). By: AlFaNuGan

Started by AutoPost, February 17, 2015, 09:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1739: Creeper Bridge (PAC)

Author: AlFaNuGan
Size: 180x60

Desc:
Cross the bridge covered in AC! The longer you take, the more AC builds up. #PAC

Linden

Very nice, AlFaNuGan, and very replayable. :) I must admit, I was expecting a Nuhages or J level of frustration. :D Thank you!

Nuhages

i agree very nice map very replayable for time attack.
I made a dream ... was map making on CW4

Hubs

I was getting nowhere brute forcing this one, until I tried some digitalis tricks, then it went pretty quick.  Cool map AlFaNuGan! I like your style of maps. They look like Nuhage maps, but are more of a puzzle.

Loren Pechtel

Design flaw:  The PZ cannons at the end are completely useless.  They are at a much lower elevation than anything of interest and thus will not fire at all until the fat lady starts her song.  There's no way to get spores through the PZ-beam there so there's no way they can be to keep you from going after the beam through the void.

Once I had drive the CNs back to orbit I built some spores to go after those last targets.  Once the beams were dry the spores got through and the cannons got to empty their on-board ammo but that was it.

yui56

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on February 18, 2015, 08:19:17 PM
The PZ cannons at the end are completely useless.
Spoiler
They're well positioned to hold you back if you try to make your own path through the void!  In fact, they are quite formidable on that front until you take out the Forge.
[close]

There's no way to get spores through the PZ-beam there so there's no way they can be to keep you from going after the beam through the void.
Spoiler
You need spores to breach the void initially, but afterwards, you can extend the void digitalis independently by quickly removing and adding it back.  It'll spread a few spaces outward and you can claim ever more space.
[close]

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: yui56 on February 18, 2015, 08:43:09 PM
The PZ cannons at the end are completely useless.
Spoiler
They're well positioned to hold you back if you try to make your own path through the void!  In fact, they are quite formidable on that front until you take out the Forge.
[close]

There's no way to get spores through the PZ-beam there so there's no way they can be to keep you from going after the beam through the void.
Spoiler
You need spores to breach the void initially, but afterwards, you can extend the void digitalis independently by quickly removing and adding it back.  It'll spread a few spaces outward and you can claim ever more space.
[close]

You can actually bridge that far through the void that way?  The PZ beams have quite a reach and you don't have the firepower to swamp them.

stdout

Let the digitalis store C. Then remove the digitalis and you have a big mess of creeper everywhere so you can build a further digitalis network. Repeat until you've spread across the void chasm.