Custom Map #1734: Tight Rope. By: Thumbmaster

Started by AutoPost, February 14, 2015, 11:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1734: Tight Rope

Author: Thumbmaster
Size: 256x96

Desc:
My own map with input from the Little Dude.

D0m0nik

Great work guys, really great map. Thought I had an easy route to victory but some good surprises in there.

Evil day to launch it on though, if I go for a replay I am 100% divorced! Dare I say worth it??  :P

Helper

Wow! Way more of a fight than I was expecting, but doable.
Tough map, but felt good to finish it.
Hey to the Little Dude.
H

thumbmaster

My original design was way too easy and I was able to get thru in about 30 minutes (15 for you guys). So we set about "toughening" it up and this is the result. I tried it again last night and this time it took me over 2 hours.  :P
Twas a sad day when we mothballed Creeper World for Particle Fleet.

Helper

Sitting here drumming my fingers wondering where the team has gone to.
Power outage maybe?

Impatience is a virtue.
H

teknotiss

talking about lack of scores from the usual bunch?
if so in my case it's cos i just didn't like this one, but there no problems with it, so i didn't want to drag it down at all, but since you asked  ::)
the reason i'm not keen is it's too linear, i dislike being forced to follow a particular strategy, i like to be free to try a bunch of options, and i didn't get that feeling from this one. most of the others maps you dudes make are very free roaming, so i don't need to worry i think, if all your maps in future are limited, i'll tell you then! ;)
still good design and totally doable, just not my cup of tea! 8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Helper

Quote from: teknotiss on February 21, 2015, 01:31:09 PM
talking about lack of scores from the usual bunch?

Nah...just wondering where the Thumbster and his little buddy Little Dude have gone.
No new maps from them in way too long.
H

Edit to insert proper title of Thumb's partner.
:)
H

thumbmaster

Quote from: Helper on February 21, 2015, 02:35:29 PM
Nah...just wondering where the Thumbster and his little buddy have gone.
H

Taking an extended Chinese New Year break. We have a bunch in the queue, so don't you worry about that.  8)

the reason i'm not keen is it's too linear

That's all my fault. The Little Dude wasn't keen on these kinds of maps either. But I just wanted to try something different. We'll be back to our usual programming soon.  ;D
Twas a sad day when we mothballed Creeper World for Particle Fleet.

teknotiss

Quote from: thumbmaster on February 21, 2015, 04:54:44 PM
Quote from: Helper on February 21, 2015, 02:35:29 PM
Nah...just wondering where the Thumbster and his little buddy have gone.
H

Taking an extended Chinese New Year break. We have a bunch in the queue, so don't you worry about that.  8)

the reason i'm not keen is it's too linear

That's all my fault. The Little Dude wasn't keen on these kinds of maps either. But I just wanted to try something different. We'll be back to our usual programming soon.  ;D

cool and i hope you enjoyed the festivities all round! looking forwards to more free movement maps!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus