Custom Map #1719: Mission 1 D-Day. By: Zeroster

Started by AutoPost, February 08, 2015, 02:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1719: Mission 1 D-Day

Author: Zeroster
Size: 256x256

Desc:
Another map i made because i was asked by my friends i hope you all like it too.

ChaosMaster130

Some dude called nextidea managed to beat this Map in 6 minutes... excuse me if I'm rather suspect :/
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

teknotiss

ah i'd guess that'd be doable on this map, you get a lot of free stuff on PZ's  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Zeroster

well its not that i wanted it to be hard though. i just wanted to make a fun map to play :P

ChaosMaster130

Hmm yeah on second look I guess 6 minutes is doable if you do some crazy rush tactics.
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

Zeroster

it is indeed oh well.

anyway this may be not the best way but can i ask you if its possible to set your crpl Health higher in anyway?
yea i'm not that good with crpl  :P and couldn't find it anywhere on the forum so does somebody know how?

teknotiss

Quote from: Zeroster on February 10, 2015, 05:27:46 AM
it is indeed oh well.

anyway this may be not the best way but can i ask you if its possible to set your crpl Health higher in anyway?
yea i'm not that good with crpl  :P and couldn't find it anywhere on the forum so does somebody know how?

er not sure what you mean when you say " crpl Health higher"? :o
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Zeroster

hmmm oke lets put it another way.

crpl towers have like 1 health yes? (1 nullifier to destroy it)
can you set that higher to like you need to have 3 nullifier units to destroy it. (i hope you understand this  :P)

J

Yes I understand what you mean, but I want to explain something to you. Basically there are two ways to make a map harder, a good way and a bad way. The good way is increasing the emitter output, decreasing the starting resources. The bad way is making it repetitive by increasing the health of enemy units or limiting the things a player can build (note that this can also be used in a good way).

With some crpl enemies making units have more health can be good, but often it is not (if you've beaten it why would you beat it twice).

teknotiss

Quote from: Zeroster on February 10, 2015, 10:57:48 AM
hmmm oke lets put it another way.

crpl towers have like 1 health yes? (1 nullifier to destroy it)
can you set that higher to like you need to have 3 nullifier units to destroy it. (i hope you understand this  :P)

as J says that isn't a good way to improve maps. if i can get a nullifier near an emitter then i can either place 3 at once or if you limit numbers and or space then i can use 3 one after the other.
so if you want to make a map harder perhaps look at bits you, and others, find tricky in other authors maps, and try to get inspiration.
hope that helps  8)

Zeroster

oke i understand that and share that thought too but this was not my intention and the nullifier was just an example. i want them to make somewhat thougher against beams. because now in the new map i'm making beams are like 1 shotting the things. i want that to take longer than 1 second. so thats why i ask you this

Zeroster

by the way i am looking to other maps for inspiration so don't worry about that :P

teknotiss

oh then you should prob have just said that!  ;)
J can prob help and if not then the Coder Corner sub forum is the place to ask...
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?board=25.0
hope that helps  8)

Zeroster

i'm going for another look over there hope i find it now :P thx

teknotiss

well if you don't find it, just ask in a new topic, and someone will point you in the right direction!
happy coding dude  8)