Fault - Not going to victory for any PAC map I create

Started by Xeos, February 01, 2015, 07:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xeos

I have been working on a map for about 3 weeks and finalized it and played it from the finalized list in the normal way and it wouldn't go to Victory. I thought at first there must be a fault in the code on my map and spent a day looking for it to no avail. So I started to go through a method of elimination :-

I went back to one of the very first saves and finalized it - played it in Finalized world list and it didn't go to Victory.
Ok, so I opened up a file that I had already published that I khew worked and re-finalized that and that didn't go to victory
So I restarted the program and went through it again and it still didn't work
So I downloaded the original PAC save map from the forums and made a very basic map from this clean file. I played it from the finalized list and that didn't go to victory either !
So I made a very basic CONVENTIONAL map and tested that and that did go to victory..

So the problem is making PAC maps and they are not going to victory. Any idea what could be happening here? Its really bugging me  :(
Many thanks in advance for any help given :)
A child of 5 could beat this map ... Go fetch a child of 5 !

teknotiss

can you link a few (clearly labeled) saves?
we can see if we get the same results!
also is there a unit sitting somewhere? prob not since you made a clean one to test, but worth asking about!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

J

Is it since you've downloaded the new PAC template? If so try redownloading or an older PAC template. (template from 2 jan attached)

Xeos

Guys, firstly may I say a big thanks for helping on this - Much appreciated :)

This is what I have done since I posted the comment above :-

Although I already had the 2.08 update , I downloaded it and installed it and no difference -
I then renamed the folder which is kept at /My Documents/Creeperworld3/ to creeperworld3_off and then re-installed again so I have now a fresh install in the  creeperworld3 folder.
This is of course totally empty now and I made a TEST folder in the WorldEditor and downloaded that save.cw3 file that J posted - I made a map from it and then tested it and it went to Victory Yay :)

There were some other peculiar things going on in the original map which didn't work when I was playing it - When a mortar or cannon or anything else like a collector got destroyed, the notifications went wild with it running up to like 300+ notifications saying a collector had been destroyed when it had only destroyed just one. It did this for all maps that I tested and none of them would go to victory.
I was also using the latest save.cw3 file which I downloaded from here. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=17638.0

So I am now going to put the map that didn't work before into this folder and see if it will work - if it does, then great, if it doesn't then I will overwrite all the script files with the ones out of the save file J posted and test again. I will update you shortly on how it goes... Fingers crossed ..

Thanks again :)

Xeos

Yay at last - I got it working ! There must of been something corrupt somewhere but re-installing creeperworld3 and overwriting the scripts from the save.cw3 file seems to have fixed it ! Well the map is up so hopefully all that time on trying to fix it was worth it :)

Thanks again for your help :D

stewbasic

Xeos, what version of the scripts were you using when it wasn't working? Did you download the update I posted on Jan 25? (http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=17566.105)

Edit: I just downloaded the save from my own post, added a collector and finalized. It triggered victory fine, so I don't think the problem is there.

Xeos

Quote from: stewbasic on February 02, 2015, 07:43:52 PM
Xeos, what version of the scripts were you using when it wasn't working? Did you download the update I posted on Jan 25? (http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=17566.105)

Edit: I just downloaded the save from my own post, added a collector and finalized. It triggered victory fine, so I don't think the problem is there.

Hi Stewbasic
I wasn't using that save from the above link but i tested it like you did, and it worked fine.  :)
I was using the last download from hubs link as I mentioned above which was 2nd Jan which wasnt working for me - But since I removed all the creeper world folders  (colonialspace / data /Finalized / WorldEditor) and re-installed Creeperworld3 so I had a fresh install, the maps that wouldn't go to victory are now doing so. I also went back and took a clean save.cw3 from that original 2nd jan and that now goes to victory ok when it didn't before. It's clear that there must have been a corrupt file in the the creeperworld installation on my computer that was causing it.