Custom Map #1672: Steep Climb. By: Pastor.Healer

Started by AutoPost, January 28, 2015, 11:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1672: Steep Climb

Author: Pastor.Healer
Size: 97x97

Desc:
This is a very difficult map for those who like very difficult maps. Oh, did I mention this is a very difficult map? :)

Brilliand

Hey, that was actually pretty good.  I don't generally like hard maps, but I gave it a try because I was incredulous that a simple square map could be anything but straightforward.  The weaving drone path and the huge amount of creeper in the drones made things interesting, and by the end I was impressed with how much thought it took to meet the win condition without getting wiped out.  Not like most maps where everything after you get established is just cleanup!

pastor.healer

Thanks for the comments.  You got a terrific time.  I will have to go back and determine how you did that!  :)

I tend to be safe instead of sorry. 

Blessings

Loren Pechtel

You're not kidding.  I have no idea of how to survive this one.

pastor.healer

Loren, it took me about ten times before I found a good starting position.  Lots of ctrl c's

Keep up the good work!

Blessings

:)

pastor.healer

EEderle, I tried the corners a few times and couldn't get a hold of the map.  Then I moved 3 CN's to the right side
and built out reactors as fast as I could and placed a bunch of blasters along with 1 sprayer on each end.  Even with
that it took me three times to get it where the bugs didn't overrun the right side. 

Make sure you place a blaster where the line of bugs are going to dump out.  Set it back far enough that its range
is only long enough to hit the edge.  Otherwise you might blow one up and the game will be over.  After that, I will
leave you on your own.  Have fun! 

Blessings

wobblycogs

Now that's what I call a tough map.

Spoiler
I found that arranging my CN's in the top right corner worked quite well. I built a platform 3 high just at the exit of the digi on the right hand side and put a digi blaster on it. That was enough to keep the digi and bugs from overwhelming my base early on. A double row of blasters at either end of the base was then enough to hold everything back.
[close]

I reckon I could manage a time of about 20 minutes now I've got a workable technique, I was so frustrated by this one that I messed about building up a huge army to annihilate the creeper :-)

pastor.healer

Thanks for the comments WC.  I like the name by the way...  :)

RrR

Finally managed to complete it. An unforgiving map made worse by my habitual neglect to save.

Was just about to nullify an emitter when I unthinkingly upgraded range. Disaster follows as the digitalis was cut and dozens of bugs pop, overwhelming my vanguard.

pastor.healer