Unit I want to build: Shard Tower

Started by Levi, January 20, 2015, 10:02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi

What I'd like to put out on maps would be a creeper tower that:

- Shoots player units in range, at about the speed (and possibly with the line effect) of a sniper. Does a little damage, maybe makes a little creeper where it hits.

- Also shoots at strafers, bombers, and Thors.

- Only fires if in creeper.  *Reduces* creeper around itself a little when it fires (switchable in the code), allowing players to try and drain it / use it cleverly.

Anyone got any bits and pieces of that / something similar I can try my hand at adapting / feel like doing that?

Karsten75

MadMag had something like this in Metroid.

Levi

Ohhh!  Thanks; am starting to yank scripts out from things, so I'll have to look at that one.

Grayzzur

The standard turret code to rotate and shoot a barrel at a target is in Alpha Sector : virgilw : Chimera. Most other shooty turrets you see on other maps will be based off this turret code.

What you shoot and where you get 'ammo' from can all be changed.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Flash1225

Why does this sound like you could flood it with AC and it would launch AC spores?
Considering how many turns my life has taken (good and bad), I'm still fairly neutral to it all. I take the hits, I don't react overly.