Custom Map #1593: Stationed 2. By: Levi Kornelsen

Started by AutoPost, January 11, 2015, 09:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1593: Stationed 2

Author: Levi Kornelsen
Size: 128x128

Desc:
Clear this infested asteroid mining station and the attached solar array! You'll have limited assets (though most are cheaper than usual). As before from me, this is primarily a fun map that's a little tricky in spots, rather than a truly tough grind.

Helper

Loren Pechtel

But how do you start?  The only place you can place a nullifier to kill that first emitter will get flooded if you don't have a cannon there.

teknotiss

one blaster on either flank set to anti D
one mortar and one shield immediately north of the CN and a collector and you can nullify the first emitter.
admittedly i gave up once i did that, not my sort of map, but an interesting start! 8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Levi

Yep - some of the sections are best approached with mortars, some with cannons, some mixed. 

Once you've got the first two emitters, it turns into much more of a brawl, but the first chunk is more puzzle than fight.

Helper

thumbmaster

Quote from: Levi on January 14, 2015, 07:43:29 PM
Once you've got the first two emitters, it turns into much more of a brawl, but the first chunk is more puzzle than fight.

And what a fine puzzle it was. The first part plays like an elaborate dance. Thanks for a very enjoyable map!
Twas a sad day when we mothballed Creeper World for Particle Fleet.