PAC Maps - Limiting the number of Spores that can be built

Started by Xeos, January 10, 2015, 01:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xeos

Hi all,
I have a need in a PAC map I am building whereby I want to limit the amount of spores that a player can build on the map. They can build unlimited emitters but I want to limit the spore quantity. Is that easy to do ?
I am new to map building for CW3 but I would be very appreciative if someone could tell me how to do this please?

Many thanks in advance
Xeos
A child of 5 could beat this map ... Go fetch a child of 5 !

Hubs

Are you still looking to do this? I know you were trying to limit spores with your puzzle map - but you figured out a way to accomplish what you were trying to do another way.

If you are still wanting to do this, are you thinking of making it like a parameter just like vanilla? Or just be able to fully deactivate spores or emitters?

Xeos

What I would like to do is on the spore option, have a counter that the map maker can set, so when that amount is in play, the player cannot add anymore. I wanted to do this to have more control over making some puzzle type maps whereby I want the player to think strategically about how they approach the map instead of blasting mass spores at everything .. Just to give more design options for the mapmaker :)
What do you think?

stdout

I'm not going to mention the CRPL aspect of things, but nothing discourages spores like well placed beam towers on PZs. That might be your better solution.

Xeos

Quote from: stewbasic on January 25, 2015, 08:05:53 PM
I just added a new template with this feature to
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=17566.0
Oh wow I have only just seen this ! I have downloaded it - I have found a strange fault with it though . When you activate it I do not get the text above the items in the menu - but if I re-compile the scripts whilst I have it open, they appear?

stewbasic

You should set the limits by editing Builder.crpl and recompiling. Does it work as expected after that?

Xeos

Quote from: stewbasic on March 03, 2015, 10:05:19 AM
You should set the limits by editing Builder.crpl and recompiling. Does it work as expected after that?
If I load your blank save.cw3 template in the map designer and click on the text to activate the PAC settings, then no text will appear in the menu. If while I have it open, I then recompile the scripts and go back into the map, the text will appear. the blank image is attached to show what I mean.