AC Bertha / Hi

Started by Epic4242, December 19, 2014, 05:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epic4242

Hi!

I am new to the forums but I have been playing CW for a long time. I recently finished the latest game, Arc Eternal, and have just moved onto the map making and the coding. I was wondering whether anyone had made or could make a Bertha cannon that fires large amounts of AC. I am convinced that that would be awesome.

Nico

planetfall

Map #259 has one already (which cannot be aimed.) Making one that is aimable shouldn't be too difficult. Making it buildable is a slightly different story.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

MadMag

Welcome!

I have a scriptable cannon in my custom map: Tiger's Nest #227
Download it to get the script and alter it to fire AC instead of Creeper.

Epic4242

Thanks for your answers!

I'll try out those maps but how do I edit them? I've already seen one wiki post but I can't manage to do it.

Asbestos

Download the map, open up the creeperworld3 folder, open up colonialspace, then maps, then 200, then copy 259.cw3 to a new folder in creeperworld3 > WorldEditor titled Tiger's Nest.

Courtesy

Quote from: planetfall on December 19, 2014, 09:02:01 PM
Map #259 has one already (which cannot be aimed.) Making one that is aimable shouldn't be too difficult. Making it buildable is a slightly different story.
I think that would actually theoretically be very easy: assuming one is fine with not having normal Bertha's. One could simply have a core look for Berthas, and if one is built, replace it with the special CRPL unit AC bertha.

If one also wanted to keep normal Bertha's, than having a core on the field that one could use to "Upgrade" a bertha to an AC one as an optional choice is also an option.

4xC

perhaps you should try the same thing that someone did several times: have a custom CRPL core that can move on the map that requires construction of certain units on it to build other custom units. I think it was formerly the one that activated unique pyramids that were not Apexian.
C,C,C,C