10 20 RandInt 0 do
RandCoords 3 5 RandInt QueueMove
CurrentCoords 20 AddCreeper
loop
self 2 destroy
:destroyed
CurrentCoords SetVoid
CurrentCoords SetCreeper 100

When I try to run it, nothing happens. The core isn't even targeted by beams.
Possibly unrelated, but when I try to load or reload any map containing the script, it freezes on the "calibrating sensors" screen.

planetfall

:awake only runs when the core is created, that is when another core spawns it or the game is loaded. You should put this in a once block instead of the awake function, or if this is going to be spawned by something and you want it to take effect IMMEDIATLEYUU!!!! you can do this:

once
    @awake
endonce

:awake
once
endonce

Also, QueueMove does just that -- puts the move in a queue. It doesn't pause the script until the end of the move (only Delay pauses a script), the core simply moves based on the first entry of the queue each frame. So the destroy and addcreeper will occur immediately after it is created rather than after all the moves have completed unless you make it check each frame:

GetQueuedMoveCount eq0 if
    self 2 destroy
endif

Of course, having it drop creeper at the end of each move is a bit trickier.
The final script would look like this:

once
    @awake
endonce

GetQueuedMoveCount <-segments neq if
    GetQueuedMoveCount if
        GetQueuedMoveCount ->segments
        CurrentCoords 20 AddCreeper
    else
        Self 2 Destroy
    endif
endif

:awake
once
    Self CONST_BEAMTARGET 1 SetUnitAttribute
    10 20 RandInt ->segments
    <-segments 0 do
        RandCoords 3 5 RandInt QueueMove
    loop
endonce

:destroyed
CurrentCoords SetVoid

I'm assuming that you're using a radially symmetrical sprite for this so heading has no effect on appearance. Making it appear to turn at each corner is slightly more complex, but not hard.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Asbestos

Wow, thanks! The new script works perfectly.

Asbestos

Okay, now when it gets destroyed the creeper is released on the left edge of the map instead of its current coordinates. I suspect it has something to do with it pulling CurrentCoords after destruction, but the SetVoid works like normal.

Grayzzur

Quote from: Asbestos on January 10, 2015, 01:28:18 PM
Okay, now when it gets destroyed the creeper is released on the left edge of the map instead of its current coordinates. I suspect it has something to do with it pulling CurrentCoords after destruction, but the SetVoid works like normal.

should probably be
CurrentCoords 100 SetCreeper
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Asbestos

Self "Custom0" GetImageRotation ->currentRotation
<-currentRotation 0.1 add ->currentRotation
Self "Custom0" <-currentRotation SetImageRotation
10 Delay

This is mostly the code example from the SetImageRotation wiki page, which doesn't work, even though it looks like it should...

Grayzzur

First you need to set the image with SetImage. The default image for a core is "main". So...

Self "main" "Custom0" SetImage #This sets the "main" image to Custom0

Then, you'd need to change your example commands to use "main" instead of "Custom0" -- those commands operate on the "image slot" which is a named slot. All cores have a main, and you can add additional images with any name you like.

Technically you could say:
Self "Custom0" "Custom0" SetImage
But that would get confusing and I don't recommend it, as one refers to a particular core's image slot,and the other refers to a custom image slot.
If you aren't using multiple images with your core, stick with "main".
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Asbestos

$XCoord:1
$YCoord:1
once
<-XCoord <-YCoord SetCurrentCoords
Self "main" "NONE" SetImage
1800 Delay
Self "NONE" "Custom3" SetImage
DropFromOrbit
90 Delay
11 CurrentCoords 0.01 1 1 1 CreateEffect
Self "Custom3" "Custom4" SetImage
CurrentCoords -100 AddCreeper
endonce

This script doesn't seem to be working either. The core disappears but it doesn't reappear or drop from orbit.

kwinse