Custom Map #1426: Creeper World. By: crdonk3

Started by AutoPost, November 30, 2014, 03:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1426: Creeper World

Author: crdonk3
Size: 160x120

Desc:
A world made of creeper. What else could it be? Credit to Richard333 for the volcano script, MagiMaster and First for the creeper bubbling script, planetfall for feedback, and some other people who I've probably forgotten. #CRPL #Medium #NoVoid #Spores #Runners #Digitalis

Helper

That had a lot of very good pieces and parts to it, but was a real slog to get through.
At no point can you ever secure an area, so you are forced to constantly rebuild/repair your network.
One stinking Terp would have made this a fun game to work through.
Looking forward to your future games.
H

wobblycogs

I wasn't sure if I would enjoy this map but I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun it was.

Spoiler
Establishing a base down the bottom left corner was a little tough and took a couple of goes but it's quite possible. The toughest bit is getting across from the base area to the next ridge in order to kill off the  insects. I thought limiting the number of reactors was a bit harsh but there's no shortage of PZ so power wasn't really much of an issue.
[close]

The bottom right emitter turned out to be easier to get than I expected but it felt more like luck than judgement was needed.

chwooly

I think a little more room to put down relays would have made it less of a slog, Or at least made the colors contrast more so you could figure out where your weapons and relays would fit, I spent more time figuring that out than I did actually playing, I had the whole thing in 4x mode as well so my time is very high.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein