Question: Pyramids

Started by thumbmaster, November 19, 2014, 09:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thumbmaster

I did some research and couldn't find any info on how to create pyramids (the kind that generates AC and shield) in custom maps. Can anyone please point me to the right direction? Thanks!

Also, any good resources for learning to work with CRPL for non-coders? I looked at the wiki and almost had a seizure.  :-\
Twas a sad day when we mothballed Creeper World for Particle Fleet.

pawel345

Well as to Pyramids, you can just open the map in the editor and get the CRPL used to make them. There is a guide somwhere in the forums on how to do it.

And as for CRPL, in my guide on steam(the one about making maps) there are some basics, but for more advanced stuff, either use existing codes taken form various maps, or you will have to learn some.

Mexxor

Teknotiss has made some maps with those pyramids, maybe you can pull the script from one of those maps :)
"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."
― George Carlin

J

And here's the link to the wiki page in case you don't know how to do that:
Examine map resources

Asbestos

Pyramids can be pulled from the Arc map Meso, I think.

teknotiss

Quote from: thumbmaster on November 19, 2014, 09:17:32 AM
I did some research and couldn't find any info on how to create pyramids (the kind that generates AC and shield) in custom maps. Can anyone please point me to the right direction? Thanks!

Also, any good resources for learning to work with CRPL for non-coders? I looked at the wiki and almost had a seizure.  :-\

ok i had that sort of reaction too at first. and the wiki is a little technical sometimes
(i'll use my first CS "pyramid power 2" map as an example, although the script is Virgils and is from the Meso map in the story campaign. i stole it. shamelessly! ;))
the first thing to do is get the map you want from your downloaded CS maps folders
the path will be something like "C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\creeperworld3\colonialspace\maps"
then the CS maps are grouped in the folders by number, so in this case the 0-100 folder.
(and to save you looking for the map in the CS browser it's map 84)
copy the "84.cw3" map (not the ones with 84-0.cw3 these are you in game saves), and paste it to your desktop for now. also rename it save.cw3
now using CW3 make a new project and call it what you like (you can edit the folder name and the map before you finalise so don't worry if you change your mind), then open that folder in a window
the path will be something like  "C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\creeperworld3\Finalized\mapname.cw3"
and replace the save.cw3 file in that folder with the one you put on the desktop and renamed.
now use the game to edit (the wiki says open. hmmm) that map and you will see that you have my map with your name and if you click "edit map" and then "units" then "scripts" you'll see all the scripts required.
you can resize the map if you wish, and using the "units" part of the editor you can drag and reposition all the pyramid totems as you please.
once you have finished mapping, click "scripts" and then "compile all".
then save and finalise and you should be good to go.
see no actual scripting required ;D, just using what's available already. scripts can also be added if you wanted, say, flip-mitters, but one step at a time is probably smart.
any more probs/questions just shout here again and if i can't help i'll find you a code monkey  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Mexxor

Quote from: teknotiss on November 19, 2014, 06:56:16 PM
Quote from: thumbmaster on November 19, 2014, 09:17:32 AM

ok i had that sort of reaction too at first. and the wiki is a little technical sometimes
(i'll use my first CS "pyramid power 2" map as an example, although the script is Virgils and is from the Meso map in the story campaign. i stole it. shamelessly! ;))
the first thing to do is get the map you want from your downloaded CS maps folders
the path will be something like "C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\creeperworld3\colonialspace\maps"
then the CS maps are grouped in the folders by number, so in this case the 0-100 folder.
(and to save you looking for the map in the CS browser it's map 84)
copy the "84.cw3" map (not the ones with 84-0.cw3 these are you in game saves), and paste it to your desktop for now. also rename it save.cw3
now using CW3 make a new project and call it what you like (you can edit the folder name and the map before you finalise so don't worry if you change your mind), then open that folder in a window
the path will be something like  "C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\creeperworld3\Finalized\mapname.cw3"
and replace the save.cw3 file in that folder with the one you put on the desktop and renamed.
now use the game to edit (the wiki says open. hmmm) that map and you will see that you have my map with your name and if you click "edit map" and then "units" then "scripts" you'll see all the scripts required.
you can resize the map if you wish, and using the "units" part of the editor you can drag and reposition all the pyramid totems as you please.
once you have finished mapping, click "scripts" and then "compile all".
then save and finalise and you should be good to go.
see no actual scripting required ;D, just using what's available already. scripts can also be added if you wanted, say, flip-mitters, but one step at a time is probably smart.
any more probs/questions just shout here again and if i can't help i'll find you a code monkey  8)

Also, if you press "i" while editing the map, all custom images from that map are extracted and put in a folder in your mapfolder (documents/creeperworld3/worldeditor/<yourmapname>/extracted images)
"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."
― George Carlin

teknotiss

Quote from: Mexxor on November 20, 2014, 06:47:18 AM
Also, if you press "i" while editing the map, all custom images from that map are extracted and put in a folder in your mapfolder (documents/creeperworld3/worldeditor/<yourmapname>/extracted images)

really?   :o  very handy! 8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Mexxor

Ehm, you should know that? Its on the same wiki page ;D
― George Carlin

teknotiss

Quote from: Mexxor on November 20, 2014, 12:24:40 PM
Ehm, you should know that? Its on the same wiki page ;D

skim reading is a pain, i must have read it ages ago and forgotten since i never did it, and i missed it this time  ::)

Karsten75

in-progress maps are actually in D:\Users\xxxx\Documents\creeperworld3\WorldEditor\

teknotiss

Quote from: Karsten75 on November 20, 2014, 03:40:36 PM

in-progress maps are actually in D:\Users\xxxx\Documents\creeperworld3\WorldEditor\

well depending on how the path comes out. hence the "something like"  ;)

knucracker

Finalized maps live here:
c:\Users\YOUR_USER\Documents\creeperworld3\Finalized

The maps that are being edited are here:
c:\Users\YOUR_USER\Documents\creeperworld3\WorldEditor

The Finalized maps are prepared maps that are ready for upload.  You'll want to make sure that you don't edit them from their finalized location.  You can of course copy a finalized .cw3 file somewhere else (like put it back under a subdir of ....\WorldEditor).  But, don't edit them in place.

Note too that in the game the stuff under WorldEditor shows up in the "World Projects" window and the maps in Finalized show up in the "Finalized World" window.  So if you create a subdir under ...\WorldEditor and put a save.cw3 file in it, the game will show that in the "World Projects" window.  You don't even have to restart the game.