Custom Map #1356: squares :). By: Lazi

Started by AutoPost, November 15, 2014, 07:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1356: squares :)

Author: Lazi
Size: 256x256

Desc:

teknotiss

this map has potential, and clearly took some effort, but the start is just too awkwardly laid out for me to want to get going.
the huge walls blocking much of the base are a hindrance not a help, since the -20AC emitter will deal with the 3 5C emitters after they break through parts of the wall.
this will prob make parts of the base area unusable. it'll certainly takea while to get through those walls anyway.
so 10/10 for effort, but i'll prob have to give this a 3/10 for playability/fun.
make more maps dude, and make them the way you want them, this should be considered just my opinion. 8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: teknotiss on November 15, 2014, 04:58:57 PM
this map has potential, and clearly took some effort, but the start is just too awkwardly laid out for me to want to get going.
the huge walls blocking much of the base are a hindrance not a help, since the -20AC emitter will deal with the 3 5C emitters after they break through parts of the wall.
this will prob make parts of the base area unusable. it'll certainly takea while to get through those walls anyway.
so 10/10 for effort, but i'll prob have to give this a 3/10 for playability/fun.
make more maps dude, and make them the way you want them, this should be considered just my opinion. 8)

Yeah.  If you focus on power rather than killing the emitters they'll pretty much take out the walls for you--but not completely.  I lost four squares on each side to walls that wouldn't go away.

The spore threat is minimal, your bases are safe, it's just a slog through rough terrain.

It also a long fight to the forge.  I would presume you can grab it with the third CN (I got a bertha and nullified a few things before being driven off) but all the aether is under the anti-air, there would be no way to use it until you fight there anyway.