Custom Map #1304: Burial_Mound. By: stdout

Started by AutoPost, October 29, 2014, 10:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1304: Burial_Mound

Author: stdout
Size: 150x150

Desc:
In the Alto System lies a planet covered with mysterious burial mounds. Ancient humans used these for some purpose that we don't fully understand. A battle is already well underway, and the humans have the upper hand, but we know a secret about these mounds that they are not aware of... #PlayAsCreeper

mzimmer74

I don't know what it is, but I really love these PAC maps!  Nice work and thanks for bringing in the slipstream!
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

harrymcb

NFITC1

I love these TOO much. I almost don't want to play as Abraxis. :(

stdout

I'm glad ya'll are enjoying these. I won't admit to how long I spent on making this most recent map but it was a long time. I used a modified CRPL core to create the mounds and by the time I was done with that, I think I could have made them quicker manually! But they wouldn't have been so precisely perfect.

Burial_Mound was its working name. I can't believe I forgot to change the name when uploading to CS. It was supposed to be something epic like "The Burial Mounds of Alto" but instead we have to look at Burial_Mound.

Mexxor

This map was great, seemed a bit easier than some of your previous ones, too :D (managed to keep all but one of the initial emitters alive with the famous "T", that key is almost gone now)
"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."
― George Carlin

mzimmer74

Quote from: stdout on October 29, 2014, 03:16:18 PM
I'm glad ya'll are enjoying these. I won't admit to how long I spent on making this most recent map but it was a long time. I used a modified CRPL core to create the mounds and by the time I was done with that, I think I could have made them quicker manually! But they wouldn't have been so precisely perfect.

Burial_Mound was its working name. I can't believe I forgot to change the name when uploading to CS. It was supposed to be something epic like "The Burial Mounds of Alto" but instead we have to look at Burial_Mound.

I, for one, really appreciate the time and effort you put into these.  As for the name, I didn't even notice...I was too excited to see another PAC!
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

MattB-345

Thank you for putting the time and effort into creating these #PlayAsCreeper maps. i've loved each one you've done! keep them coming :-)

how easy is it to use the scripts? I quite fancy having a crack at creating one.

Linden

Wonderful map, Stdout! Great fun, and really replayable. Thanks so much, yet again. :)

Loren Pechtel

I like these.  I really wish there was a way to select all spore towers, though!

stdout

Quote from: MattB-345 on October 29, 2014, 07:17:18 PMhow easy is it to use the scripts? I quite fancy having a crack at creating one.

It's not extremely difficult. It just takes some patience and a willingness to mess up a few times and spend forever figuring out where you went wrong. :) Once you get the hang of it, it's not bad. Actually, my little secret is that making these maps is even more fun than playing them!  ;D

I just posted the instructions for making PAC maps to my other thread. Go check it out and feel free to ask questions on that thread. (Let's keep this thread here on the topic of the Burial_Mound map.)

http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=17120.50

I would be very glad to see other people post PAC maps.

DestinyAtlantis

There is a bug with the CRPL things. Sometimes the packets they send travel through Stasis (basically, they travel while the game is paused). I'm not sure exactly how to cause it, but pausing and unpausing + N would trigger it eventually.

stdout

Wow, that's a strange bug!! Most packets freeze but occasionally you'll see one or a few packets continuing down the line while the game is paused. That's a strange bug.

iwishforpie2

Hey where are our PAC maps? or just any maps from you! 10 pages and no maps from you? Usually every other page has one of your maps. Not rushing you or anything, just making sure you're okay.
What's a pie? I'm not a pie. I'm a pi.

stdout

I've been spending time working on learning HTML5 game programming in my spare time so I haven't taken the time to make a new PAC map. Maybe soon, though! Do you have any ideas of a theme for my next one?