Custom Map #1279: Meteorite. By: NextIdea

Started by AutoPost, October 21, 2014, 01:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1279: Meteorite

Author: NextIdea
Size: 64x64

Desc:
Just an other peaceful day in the creeper world. Small map for unusual way to start. Can be finished fast - made it bit too easy. Managed to break the intermission texts: "What a peaceful day." "Just an other daily routine to follow." "Expand the base - Power, Defence and Offence." Hint: Don't panic. You are not alone in that world. :)

Karsten75

Just to let the map maker know that the introductory texts aren't broken - it only appears once, thereafter it can be retrieved from the "Archived Transmission" button  on the Orbitals tab.

NextIdea

Those transmissions came every time I loaded map in the development phase, but when I created finalized map, after that they stopped coming.
In other maps those also come when I start the map from the beginning, but on my map they didn't so I though they are broken.

Good to know.
Thanks for the feedback.

Ceraus

For the record, the text introduction worked for me.

I liked that the map was an unusual challenge, although I did beat it fast. You get a while to make yourself comfortable, but when the enemy comes crashing down, it's a lot of Creeper in a small area, and your invaluable Collector web is very vulnerable.

Spoiler
I connected the Forge and Reactors as fast as humanly possible. The Totems can be reached by a simple Collector, so I used the loaded Guppy to jumpstart my construction instead, building up Reactors.  I built up a small, balanced force of 2 Blasters/Mortars/Snipers/Shields, as well as a few Sprayers (gotta spend that Ore), timed so that everything would complete just in time for the enemy assault.

Since the crashing Emitter is targetable in-flight, I started a Nullifier seconds before it landed, putting Build Speed upgrades to good use. My small force held out just enough and the Nullifier nailed 4 targets, paving the way to a quick win.
[close]