Proof I am a Moran - Guppy help Please

Started by Nephthys, August 12, 2014, 02:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephthys

If you have room for a single CN on a tiny island and you build a guppy to send to another tiny island:

do the reactors you build from that guppy truly increase your energy?

I was watching my energy count - all of 12 - as the guppy built a reactor on the island w/o the CN, and when the reactor was complete, I did NOT see 12.4 as I had hoped, but it remained at 12. I know that collectors are worthless with a guppy, but I thought reactors worked.

I am confused. As per usual. Help please & thank you.

J

Is the reactor connected to your CN? No.
So does it give energy to your CN? No.
Say you have 2 CN's and build 2 bases (Farbor), you use a guppy to help the other CN as it is running out of energy. It won't give the other CN the energy of the reactors.

teknotiss

Quote from: Nephthys on August 12, 2014, 02:35:05 PM
If you have room for a single CN on a tiny island and you build a guppy to send to another tiny island:

do the reactors you build from that guppy truly increase your energy?

I was watching my energy count - all of 12 - as the guppy built a reactor on the island w/o the CN, and when the reactor was complete, I did NOT see 12.4 as I had hoped, but it remained at 12. I know that collectors are worthless with a guppy, but I thought reactors worked.

I am confused. As per usual. Help please & thank you.

a simpler answer is: no.  ::)
sorry dude, reactors must be connected (show via the line on the map) to a CN somehow

edit: speeling  ::), wow i can't spell when tired at all
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Nephthys

Thank you both. I did some more testing while waiting & found what you've just confirmed. I have no idea why I thought otherwise.

I am hoping that I knew the reality & it just slipped my mind this morning for some reason.

Now, back to the problem of how to make enough energy on my tiny island to complete the map. Actually, I can terp a not-quite-as-tiny nearby island so it will take a CN. I'll load that up with reactors & see if that's enough.

I think I should stay away from sharp objects today.  :-[

Michionlion

The reason may be because in alpha, there were such things as 'energy' guppies.  They were awesome.  I think probably a bit too awesome...
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

4xC

Quote from: Michionlion on August 12, 2014, 05:53:42 PM
The reason may be because in alpha, there were such things as 'energy' guppies.  They were awesome.  I think probably a bit too awesome...

"too awesome"? Damn straight!

Sorry for the extremism in my remark, but Energy Guppies were little more than bonafide mini CN's that could fly faster and use 9 times less space. (except for not being able to multitask quite as efficiently CN's can)
C,C,C,C

Tjgalon

If your having trouble still, you can post what map that trouble on the outer sector and so we can help :D