Lost all memory on creeper world 3 (NON-STEAM)

Started by rockon421, July 04, 2014, 04:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockon421

i had bought the game about 3 weeks ago and i have been playing it with no problems at all, but one day (with out making any changes to any creeper world files) all the memory was gone and it was as i had never played the game before, all missions were erased also including all maps i made. I had updated the game 2 days before (i believe that was how long before) but after the update the game was fine and it still had its memory the day after but i turned off the game and cpu (as i always would) and then the next day i turned on my cpu and when on to the game and the game was totaly reset back (all missions were reset and my maps i made are gone :'() i dont know if the save file was deleted or if it was just lost somewhere on my cpu because i dont know where it saves the memory by default..... any suggestions to get my memory back?  ;D

knucracker

This is where all of your progress is stored:
c:\Users\YOUR_USER\Documents\creeperworld3

If you logged in as a different user, or something deleted that dir, that will make the game not be able to find it's progress.

rockon421

Quote from: virgilw on July 04, 2014, 05:03:35 PM
This is where all of your progress is stored:

If you logged in as a different user, or something deleted that dir, that will make the game not be able to find it's progress.

could not find folder..... i went into all users on my cpu but none of them contain the file "documents"  ??? (theirs "my documents" but "creeper world 3" folder was not in there)   :'( any ideas?

knucracker

Are you on Windows XP?  Try looking under C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER for any creeperworld3 directories.

Did anything change or happen on your system recently?  The game never does a blanket delete of it's directory, it doesn't even have any logic to do that.  Also, if you have started the game back up there should at least be an empty creeperworld directory in documents.

rockon421

Quote from: virgilw on July 05, 2014, 11:03:30 AM
Are you on Windows XP?  Try looking under C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER for any creeperworld3 directories.

Did anything change or happen on your system recently?  The game never does a blanket delete of it's directory, it doesn't even have any logic to do that.  Also, if you have started the game back up there should at least be an empty creeperworld directory in documents.

thanks, but im using windows 7 actually there is no file under called "documents and settings" (most likely because im not using windows xp....) also i did not change anything on my cpu recently that should  have erased or moved the CW3 dir. and yes the game should not erase all memory and i assume that's not what happened im just not sure what happened and it looks like the memory was erased....

could updating the game cause this to happen? the game was fine after the update but later the memory was lost, that was the only change made to my cpu since i lost the memory.

knucracker

If you are using windows 7, then this is the dir

Note that YOUR_USER is the name of the user you are logged in as.  Every windows 7 system should have a c:\Users\YOUR_USER\Documents dir...
If you bring up file explorer, there is a "Documents" link under "This PC" on the left of the window.  That points to the same directory.

If this isn't there, that explains why the game lost everything.  How you lost your entire Documents directory is a mystery, though.  Check your recycle bin...  I'd also check to see if it got moved somewhere else by searching the entire hard drive.  If you moved it to some other location somehow, that would also explain it.

rockon421

Quote from: virgilw on July 05, 2014, 04:14:13 PM
If you are using windows 7, then this is the dir

Note that YOUR_USER is the name of the user you are logged in as.  Every windows 7 system should have a c:\Users\YOUR_USER\Documents dir...
If you bring up file explorer, there is a "Documents" link under "This PC" on the left of the window.  That points to the same directory.

If this isn't there, that explains why the game lost everything.  How you lost your entire Documents directory is a mystery, though.  Check your recycle bin...  I'd also check to see if it got moved somewhere else by searching the entire hard drive.  If you moved it to some other location somehow, that would also explain it.

yea, it appears that whole folder is missing  :o but i have not the slightest clue why..... i definitely know im in the place where it should be but its just not there.... its not in my recycle bin or anywhere i could fine and there is no way that i would have moved that without knowing  :'( that looks like its the entire problem that this folder is just missing (and im sure that's a rather important folder) at this point it looks like theirs no way of getting that back  :-\ but thanks for the help, solved or not all this advice definitely helped  ;) 

Warpsing