Custom Map #651: Eternal Shadows. By: ShadowWolf916

Started by AutoPost, June 11, 2014, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #651: Eternal Shadows

Author: ShadowWolf916
Size: 128x128

Desc:
My latest version of the map Eternal Shadows.TOUGH MAP. As you may know, the other versions had a secret way of winning that was OBVIOUS. This version has NO SECRET WAY OF WINNING, it is a promising fight. THIS MAP CAN BE BEATEN. (You CAN kill the inhibitor. [HINT: use the Orbital Weapons, if need be use your Singularity Weapon as well] ) #FightOrDie #StartOffBase #Inhibitor #SporeTowers #ACSpores #ToughMap

Loren Pechtel

You can even kill the inhibitor without the use of special weapons.

radd

There's still a secret way of winning, as you can see from the scores.

ShadowWolf916

This time i didn't mean to make a secret way of winning. Also i realized by scores there was, but i cant seem to find it. If you can tell me the secret way of winning i would appreciate it, also tell me whether of not i should put in the effort to fix it. thanks!

ertc

I don't think how I won was exactly secret. But it's possible to win in probably 5 minutes
Spoiler
By building an extra guppy and grabbing the freeze and convert.
[close]
I don't know how people are winning in 55 seconds though.

stdout

Spoiler
Instead of using the guppy to grab the artifacts, land your CNs near them.
[close]

radd

Here's how I did it in 55 seconds:

Spoiler

Land a Command node near each one of the orbitals (Freeze and Convert)
Fly the Guppy to the island to the right of the inhibitor

As aether comes in, pump up Build Speed and Packet speed in that order.
The second you get the Convert (guppy should already be there) drop it on the inhibitor and place a nullifier by the inhibitor, powered by the guppy.
Drop Freeze soon after. Keep pumping up your packet speed until the nullifier goes off.

Thats it. timing depends on not wasting any time in that sequence. Pause and Un-pause helps a lot.

[close]

ShadowWolf916

Thanks for the help! Ill keep this in mind for my next map "Night-Fall". Any suggestions for the map are appreciated and are likely to be implemented.

Johnny Haywire

People, if you don't want the map done in under a minute PLEEEEASE for the love of potato chips and all game-worthy snacks stop putting pointless mind-numbing stinking INHIBITORS in the map. I mean, yeah if you know how to keep them from being attacked until the end then go for it. Otherwise I mean the 25th letter of the alphabet is WHY? I dunno. He's on third base and who's on first!

Thanks for making maps though. Keep up the good work - sans-inhibitors por favor!
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

teknotiss

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on December 28, 2015, 10:15:01 PM
People, if you don't want the map done in under a minute PLEEEEASE for the love of potato chips and all game-worthy snacks stop putting pointless mind-numbing stinking INHIBITORS in the map. I mean, yeah if you know how to keep them from being attacked until the end then go for it. Otherwise I mean the 25th letter of the alphabet is WHY? I dunno. He's on third base and who's on first!

Thanks for making maps though. Keep up the good work - sans-inhibitors por favor!

agreed, inhibitors are for quick maps!

author if you want a "big enemy" but don't want it to be an insta-win... investigate using a CRPL core as an emitter, and change the size/colour of it to make it more a "boss" emitter.
the player will then have to kill every other unit too, but you will still have a focal point.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus