CRPL Core attribute suggestion: CONST_SEEDSDIGITALIS

Started by kwinse, May 09, 2014, 09:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwinse

As it says in the wiki, CONST_SUPPORTSDIGITALIS doesn't make the core seed digitalis, only keep it alive. However, there is no corresponding seeding constant. It's relatively simple to emulate with CRPL, but perhaps it could be added to the game?

The only big problem I see is that setting SEEDS on without SUPPORTS wouldn't work so well. Perhaps SEEDS on supercedes SUPPORTS?

Grayzzur

What's wrong with SetDigitalis(CurrentCoords 1)?

I think that's the right command.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Crimson King

That does work but it can also be resource heavy because it checks the Digitalis every frame unless you build a delay or conditional into the script.

knucracker

SetDigitalis(CurrentCoords 1) is the way I do it.  That does the same thing an emitter does (every frame it sets the digitalis underneath it).

Flabort

Yes, but then you need to write a SeedDigitalis script and attach it to every core you spawn via script that you intend to seed it. ;)
It's a pretty simple process, but some people would just like to save a couple lines of code and cycles of processing power.

The whole reason the extra CONST is in demand is because optimizers.
My maps: Top scores: Sugarplum, Cryz Dal, Cryz Torri, Cryz Bohz (Click fetch scores, page courtesy of kwinse)

Clean0nion

Quote from: Flabort on May 10, 2014, 11:25:35 PM
Yes, but then you need to write a SeedDigitalis script and attach it to every core you spawn via script that you intend to seed it. ;)
It's a pretty simple process, but some people would just like to save a couple lines of code and cycles of processing power.

The whole reason the extra CONST is in demand is because optimizers.
You'd still have to apply the attribute for every unit. The CONST version takes 4 opcodes and Virgil's version takes 3.

kwinse

4 opcodes if the script's already attached, yes. But how many does it take to attach the script to a unit (not counting creation if applicable since that'd be common to the CONST)?

But yeah I knew this suggestion wasn't strictly necessary. Glad to know it was at least considered.