AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #543: no cammand nodes

Author: DAVID SNYDER
Size: 20x30

Desc:
#no cammand nodes

Jerdog

asmussen

This is a similar concept to a map I've been thinking about trying to build for a while. No command nodes, and you have to complete the map with only the energy stored in the pre-built guppies, although I was planning on making something a little larger scale.
Shawn Asmussen

Randomgold

If I remember correctly, having a map with no command nodes has actually been done before.  I think it was long ago in the days before CS was open, so if you want to find it, you'll have to do some forum digging.  It basically provided some CRPL areas where your units could be placed to recharge, including guppies and sprayers and the like.  It was an interesting challenge, to be sure. 

Michionlion

The very first 'command node free' map was made by me, called Little Gleise.  It is in my alpha sector as well as early CS.  It was made when we were bouncing the idea around in beta, thinking of interesting things.  I'd be interested to see how maps like this develop, being a cross between a normal and a puzzle map.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!