Pass the map 4-Let's make a map together

Started by pawel345, April 25, 2014, 11:58:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annonymus

I think weapons should be associated with the square so it is possible to make the position of the weapon matter, also the thing with having weapon and terrain separrate things stops us from making weapons that take advantage/disadvantage by the terrain, though I am generally in favour of the idea to separate them.

When I said "bury the core" I actually meant that the player would have to unbury him with terps, like the weapons of the arca mission.

What are the rules for global effects? How do we make sure that there is no weapon that changes terrain of a certain square which then lets the rail-following weapon on itself loose causing a frustrating mass destruction of the player? And what about things that generally have a global effect, like changing the creeper's flowrate?

Since the planet is the boss can we also have weapons which aren't really weapons but things like volcanoes, earthquakes etc.?

When building the terrain please keep in mind that the main diffiulty of this map should be the boss, that means make terrain that helps the player or is neutral but not hurts him.

P.S. What I wrote after "What are the rules for global effects?" is a clarification of what I meant by this, NOT a separate question.
If a topic started by me is in the wrong place feel free to move it at anytime.

Grayzzur

"...but there's no hellrider guppys here..."

???

• there's no hellrider guppy
  • there're no hellrider guppies

Come on guys, details, details! You just ruined the WHOLE MAP for me!

;D
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Warpsing

The hellrider guppy is in this map.. It's just as a rather tricky emitter.

tornado

I has a wepon suggestion
Giant stun laser
Basically the runner gun but with a big aloe and ample range
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

Warpsing

EpicEthan101

Dubstep Rocks, Rock Rules, and Electronic is just plain awesome!

MadMag

Warpsing

Quote from: EpicEthan101 on May 10, 2014, 06:37:58 PM
Quote from: Warpsing on May 10, 2014, 05:23:49 PM
And it's weakness?
Bath Salts
\
...I was trying to ask what the giant stun laser's weakness is, but if people do stuff because they can, then they will do it, regardless of if it puts them in a bad light.

Besides, why is there going to be no hellrider guppy in the next pass the map?

EpicEthan101

Quote from: Warpsing on May 10, 2014, 07:37:18 PM
And it's weakness?
Bath Salts
\
...I was trying to ask what the giant stun laser's weakness is, but if people do stuff because they can, then they will do it, regardless of if it puts them in a bad light.

I still dont know what a hellrider guppy is.
Dubstep Rocks, Rock Rules, and Electronic is just plain awesome!

Warpsing

Quote from: EpicEthan101 on May 10, 2014, 08:58:24 PM
Quote from: Warpsing on May 10, 2014, 07:37:18 PM
And it's weakness?
Bath Salts
\

I still dont know what a hellrider guppy is.

Have you played the two previous pass the maps? that red guppy looking thing IS the hellrider guppy.

Annonymus

The hellrider-guppy would not fit the theme as it is a standalone unit while the weapons we need on the next map are all parts of the boss.
If a topic started by me is in the wrong place feel free to move it at anytime.

Warpsing

And yet you could always have one of the weapons could be a grabber.

Asbestos

Perhaps the grabber from that one map with the gliders? Except with hellrider guppies.

planetfall

Or, a claw that grabs units and drags them in to eat them. Once the unit gets close, the "mouth" opens and it becomes vulnerable for a second or two, and that's your chance to nullify it.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Warpsing

Yeah... both of them. and/or it could grab other units and place them somewhere else... or smash them. You can dodge it by moving the unit it's going to grab.  A way to damage it would be first beam it so that it's disabled and then can be nullified.