Pass the map-Let's make a map together

Started by pawel345, January 29, 2014, 04:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost in Nowhere

Unless JonneeG added one, there isn't an opening conversation yet.
Don't die! :)

JonneeG

well I didn't, but I could do a rough draft if you guys want.   

Michionlion

"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Michionlion

UNLOCKED!

Finished the terrain, added in a WIP opening text.  It is pretty late here, but I had to post this before I went to bed.  If you want, somebody can finish up with the opening text and do a couple play-tests (I did one myself, and could barely start... might want to tone down the difficulty).

Here is how everything looks:

"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

pawel345

Weird I was sure I added an opening conversation....

C0 mind posting here the opening text you wrote? it was really good and fitting the map.

MadMag

pawel345

Well we can simply add it again. Anyone else gets a huge lag on this map? Since I have one that lowers my frame rate to aroud 10 per sec...

Edit: Nvm that, apparently my graphics card overheats..

Clean0nion

Ugh, I never saved it... ah well, here goes
Spoiler

Lia, where are we? What is this world?

This appears to be a rift world... a broken world composed of parts if planets lost in Riftspace.

But Riftspace was destroyed...

Well, someone must have recreated it. Or perhaps this world has existed from long ago and something has been blocking us from detecting it.

Another thing, Skars. There are all sorts of different technology from different eras. Particularly the ore mines - watch out for those.

Alright. There's no Inhibitor, so this could be a long ride.
[close]

By the way,.. SOMEONE MOVE THOSE SLIP EMITTERS AROUND!!!

pawel345

We need to recheck all of the CRPL, as even after defeating all enemies I still couldn't claim victory. I think it might be C0 ore mine. If you could please check the script, and also reposition the slip emitters, and make the opening message. That should be all that needs to be done before uploading to CS.

Lost in Nowhere

Doing that right now...
And done!
C0's ore mine had Counts for Victory, which was unchecked; it and the other special ore mine had Supports Digitalis which I also unchecked.
The slip emitters are distributed along the ocean floor.

Clean0nion

Quote from: Lost in Nowhere on February 02, 2014, 10:59:21 AM
Doing that right now...
And done!
C0's ore mine had Counts for Victory, which was unchecked; it and the other special ore mine had Supports Digitalis which I also unchecked.
The slip emitters are distributed along the ocean floor.
Actually, my ore mine is made of four scripts. They all begin with "thing_". Once an ore mine is built it stops using "thing_build" and uses the other three. If you modify any one so that "Self CONST_COUNTSFORVICTORY 0 SetUnitAttribute" is in the initial once loop, that should be fine.

Lost in Nowhere

None of them contain anything that would be setting it to TRUE, so it's fine.

pawel345

I would like to upload it but unluckily I seem to have some issues with my graphics card, and my game lags terribly so I'm unable to post a score. If one of you could upload it with author Comunity, and in the description write all that contributed. Tags should be #PassTheMap #Digitalis #Spores #CRPL #Runners #Void. 

Clean0nion

Quote from: Lost in Nowhere on February 02, 2014, 11:44:25 AM
None of them contain anything that would be setting it to TRUE, so it's fine.
No. It actually destroys itself then places a fresh CRPL core where it was. This also destroys the ore mine and ore patch, but that's intentional. Unless a core doesn't count for victory by default, the script does need to be changed.

Lost in Nowhere

Oh, ok. I can't really do that right now, though...