Custom Map #19: Pulse Cannon

Started by AutoPost, December 23, 2013, 04:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #19: Pulse Cannon

Author: J

Desc:
Part of the units map series. Play the relay map before playing this one.

Netbert

I am puzzled on what to do, I've tried everything I can think of: Use the power spot with an always on sprayer, go for the blaster tech first, try and come up the left side (along the totems) and attack the weaker emitter. With no energy source (collector, reactor) I have almost no use for the blaster anyways. I need to get the blaster first however in order to get the collector tech and stop relying on Anti-Creeper. By now I am confused on whether to get the bomber and try this mission with that or go after sniper or reactor, which are both unlikely choices. Am I simply heading along the wrong path? Or is this where I should be going and I'm not doing something right.

Oh. And I suppose I should mention my current techs.
-Relay
-Ore Mine
-Siphon
-Cannon
-Nullifier
-Sprayer

teknotiss

Quote from: Netbert on January 17, 2014, 05:08:51 PM
I am puzzled on what to do, I've tried everything I can think of: Use the power spot with an always on sprayer, go for the blaster tech first, try and come up the left side (along the totems) and attack the weaker emitter. With no energy source (collector, reactor) I have almost no use for the blaster anyways. I need to get the blaster first however in order to get the collector tech and stop relying on Anti-Creeper. By now I am confused on whether to get the bomber and try this mission with that or go after sniper or reactor, which are both unlikely choices. Am I simply heading along the wrong path? Or is this where I should be going and I'm not doing something right.

Oh. And I suppose I should mention my current techs.
-Relay
-Ore Mine
-Siphon
-Cannon
-Nullifier
-Sprayer

pretty sure i had reactors before i went for blasters, but i may have that wrong, i think ore mine plus sprayer lets you get reactor doesn't it?def need collectors dude, the CN's don't give enough for much really
and once you have reactor tech then
Spoiler
really this is a bit of a
Spoiler
are you sure? ok
Spoiler
bertha tech can be got without completing the bertha map, give it a go
[close]
[close]
[close]
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Tistel

It may be possible to solve using your current techs
Spoiler
using the forges singularity weapon
[close]

but I got collector first
using another weapon that you don't have yet, but is easy as you have siphons
Spoiler
strafer
[close]

Netbert

I was finally able to beat the level. I figured out a useful map trick for this series, and was able to pull it off with collectors.

The trick:
Spoiler
You only need to collect the shield key and tech to use the tech on other worlds. I exited the level and started another, and I still had the tech.
[close]

J

You should need to complete the mission in order for the key to unlock the tech in other missions. At least that was the case for the story missions.

For this missions, you'll need the collector tech. The spoiler contains a general hint for the entire series:
Spoiler
The units you need most are the 'key maps'. These are maps like collector, pulse cannon, reactor and mortar. However you'll need other techs to complete these. (@Netbert, it was good to try this map, you just didn't have the correct techs (at the time of your first post here)) Once you have them all you can play the remaining maps in many different ways
Spoiler
however beam, forge and shield should be played in a specific order
[close]
[close]