Custom Map #12: Collector

Started by AutoPost, December 23, 2013, 04:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #12: Collector

Author: J

Desc:
Part of the units map series. Play the relay map before playing this one.

stewbasic

I collected the tech and key and then left the map, and found I could build collectors on the other maps even though this map wasn't complete. Is that intended? For the other techs it seems you need to complete the map.

I guess it's hard to reproduce this, unless there's a way to reset collected map keys.

J

Quote from: stewbasic on February 28, 2014, 10:24:37 AM
I collected the tech and key and then left the map, and found I could build collectors on the other maps even though this map wasn't complete. Is that intended? For the other techs it seems you need to complete the map.

I guess it's hard to reproduce this, unless there's a way to reset collected map keys.
In story maps you couldn't simply collect the tech and key to 'get' the key, so I thought the same would apply to custom maps. It turned out it didn't. (any chance of a 'fix'?)

planetfall

Maybe have the key moved off-map at the start and then moved on top of a CN once the map is completed?
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Clean0nion

Quote from: planetfall on February 28, 2014, 03:38:52 PM
Maybe have the key moved off-map at the start and then moved on top of a CN once the map is completed?
I think a simple solution is just to move the key right near to the finale.

stewbasic

Is this map meant to be possible without weapons then? It seems difficult given how quickly the central emitter overflows (and finishing a weapon map or reactor without collectors seems even worse).

planetfall

Quote from: stewbasic on February 28, 2014, 07:15:17 PM
Is this map meant to be possible without weapons then? It seems difficult given how quickly the central emitter overflows (and finishing a weapon map or reactor without collectors seems even worse).

Try taking strafers first, that one at least has energy packs. Well, that's what I did anyway.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

deathman

Quote from: J on February 28, 2014, 10:56:04 AM
Quote from: stewbasic on February 28, 2014, 10:24:37 AM

In story maps you couldn't simply collect the tech and key to 'get' the key, so I thought the same would apply to custom maps. It turned out it didn't. (any chance of a 'fix'?)

Hi! I'm playing this and... I get to collect the key and tech but I can't build any weapons? In fact, i can build only collectors and relays, nothing more...
Must say that i played, collected everything and finished map #1
Is this ok??? How do I do to finish the map?
Thanks ;)

J

If you don't have weapons, you have to win a map with a weapon tech first. Try sprayer, ore mine and nullifier first, then siphon and strafer, then this map. All of them have map IDs between 11 and 28.

Builder17

Not win , but visit and collect shield keys from all these and then play normally.

deathman

Quote from: J on January 30, 2016, 01:37:21 AM
If you don't have weapons, you have to win a map with a weapon tech first. Try sprayer, ore mine and nullifier first, then siphon and strafer, then this map. All of them have map IDs between 11 and 28.

Oh! I thought the maps should be played in order... Thanks!!!