Custom Map #1913: Neon

Started by AutoPost, January 25, 2013, 04:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1913: Neon

Author: Shubhamkar

Desc:
I have tried to make a atom in the centre. For a twist, save the capsules.

PMouser

I need a spoiler on this please
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

teknotiss

Quote from: PMouser on January 31, 2013, 06:21:40 PM
I need a spoiler on this please

ok this is from memory so it's more an idea than a step by step spoiler (i had another look at the map but not going to replay unless you/someone need a step by step guide)
as always press "p" at the intro to start paused, then start by digging the red and green gem (i also built 2 reactors) the gems will give plenty of energy to get you going. then build a beacon to let you grab the right hand red gem and cover the surface with reactors.
start digging straight down to the entrances to the chamber and send tunnels sideways to build more reactors, also build about 10/15 tech domes (do these one at a time, DON'T use up all the gem energy)
dig out enough space for 5/6 launchers on each side just above the solid terrain, put a maker in on each side too and obviously mine that ore!
i used repulsors to push the AC into the chamber and shield to stop it flowing back into the base. then the main thing is to reduce the dense chambers with those launchers (if you are efficient you might get 8/10 launchers each side, i can't remember how much energy can be produced on this one but it's a fair bit, remember it's better to have fewer full power weapons than lots of underpowered ones), and then get some blasters/repulsors to break through and save the capsules
hope that helps  8) ask again if you need more assistance
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus