Custom Map #964: Day 31: Earthquake

Started by AutoPost, March 19, 2012, 12:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #964: Day 31: Earthquake

Author: J

Desc:
After an earthquake everything got messed up. Get out ASAP and don't forget to save your 'friends'.

fitz

Every so often a map maker seriously does my head in. This frustrated me for hours. It is ingenius, I cannot begin to imagine how your brain works to come up with something this evil.

toastkid

Quote from: fitz on March 19, 2012, 05:56:42 PM
Every so often a map maker seriously does my head in. This frustrated me for hours. It is ingenius, I cannot begin to imagine how your brain works to come up with something this evil.

I'm just totally stuck - i get the two lower capsules but can't begin to work out how to get the one in the top right.  Any chance of a hint?

J

You must move your LS in there to get that capsule, so you have to move your LS up. Best is to move it directly at the start. Don't forget you have 8 technytes.

fitz

I'm sure that works 8) but I think players should spend several hours trying to convert the 2147M creeper into AC first and then as a last resort try building the two allowed launchers to see if there is an alternative strategy.

Or is that just me  >:(

SmileyCoder

I tried for a long time to get the 2 repulsors to somehow overflow the creeper into anti creeper.  :-[
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

J

You don't really need the repulsors, same for the AC at the bottom of the map. If you want to keep your repulsors you could move them down or move them to the top of the map (it is possible).

HINT:
Spoiler
Once you found the solution it's pretty easy, you don't have to try something that's very hard to do. (like trying to survive after the 2 minute mark)
[close]

HINT:
Spoiler
You can disconnect most weapons directly after you built and armed them
[close]

I may give a hint on how to spend your technytes later

toastkid

Quote from: J on March 20, 2012, 09:54:11 AM
You don't really need the repulsors, same for the AC at the bottom of the map. If you want to keep your repulsors you could move them down or move them to the top of the map (it is possible).

aha yeah - got it now thanks.  Easy when you know how and does require a little bit of out of the box thinking :)

Wheatmidge

I couldn't finish the map, then I read the comments and how I have 8 tech at the beginning. Now I just feel silly.

DanHall4Freedom

Please tell me how to beat this map. I will give you a ride, even let you drive, my 2015 Tesla Model S.

J

I don't have CW2 installed anymore so I can't test right now. But from what I can still remember (after reading earlier comments) this was the correct tactic:
1. Move your LS to the top right
2. Get the two capsules inside the circles while building up some power
3. Move your LS into the top-right cave, dig, and move it downwards until you got the capsule.

If you don't have enough energy production, you won't be able to dig fast enough to get the last capsule (you LS will die). I'm not sure which weapons I built, but I think it was 2 blasters. Also make sure you spend your technytes well.