Move more buildings

Started by Twi, March 26, 2010, 08:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twi

I searched for it and didn't find it, so here goes:
Be able to (sometimes) move basic buildings (Collectors and/or Relays). This would be good for maps where you can't build anything more.

Should be possibly toggled in the map editor and not a standard feature, as it would be overpowered then.
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

UpperKEES

It could be an upgrade (moveable = more expensive). This has been suggested before for stationary blasters/mortars.

But I remember someone suggesting a transport ship. ;) What would that be used for then? I like the transport ship better.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Twi

True, the ideas do conflict a bit.

But the Transport Ship would also be a technology, and would work as well for that purpose.

Upgrade=good.

Sqaz

I think that if this idea is used well, a bit like Thor (the only map where that was used well was on that map of Bort), it can be a good thing. But you shouldn't be able to build them I think, as it would always make maps way to easy however if they're given at the beginning they can make different strategies possible.

Edit: This also counts for the transport ship.

Twi

This is DESIGNED for maps where you can't build anything. Of course you can't build more.

Sqaz

Quote from: Twi on March 27, 2010, 10:01:40 AM
This is DESIGNED for maps where you can't build anything. Of course you can't build more.
:o Sorry, didn't read your initial post well enough, I thought it was like in all the other "I want movable things so this game is easier" threads.

But why wouldn't you be able to build more other things, eg. you've got 10 movable relays and then you can't build any more relays or collectors but you can still build blasters and other things, so you'll have to try to connect everything with just 10 relays.

But certainly a great idea.