Error with Score viewer

Started by Lord_Farin, July 15, 2011, 08:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord_Farin

I just tried to copy/paste a few times into and from the CW2 Score viewer code mission name field, and every time I did so, the Flash plug-in crashed. FYI, I use FF5 on Win7 Ultimate x64.
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

MadMag

Hmm..  I'm not the only one after all.

UpperKEES

After trying copy/paste into the code mission name field I also got a Flash plug-in crash (see attached image). After waiting for about 1 minute FireFox 5.0 started responding again.

Edit: at the same time the YouTube video I was playing crashed as well....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

MadMag

Ah.. but that is not the same error I get. My browser just hang.

Lord_Farin

Quote from: UpperKEES on July 15, 2011, 02:37:10 PM
After trying copy/paste into the code mission name field I also got a Flash plug-in crash (see attached image). After waiting for about 1 minute FireFox 5.0 started responding again.

Edit: at the same time the YouTube video I was playing crashed as well....
Quote from: MadMag on July 15, 2011, 02:49:59 PM
Ah.. but that is not the same error I get. My browser just hang.
I first thought to experience the same as MadMag - a stall. FF went irresponsive. But then, when I tried it again, I was also doing some other stuff simultaneously, and after a minute or so, FF reported that the plug-in had crashed, and started responding again. So maybe you just weren't patient enough  ;)
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

MadMag

I'm never patient with programs hanging :)

Echo51

Chrome has it sandboxed, thus it just errors out. Firefox doesn't do this and therefor crashes..
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Kamron3

Quote from: Echo51 on July 15, 2011, 06:12:48 PM
Chrome has it sandboxed, thus it just errors out. Firefox doesn't do this and therefor crashes..

Chrome: 1
Firefox: 0

As for the map viewer, there SERIOUSLY needs to be an HTML version of it. I don't like Flash too much because it crashes (and uses a lot of RAM).

UpperKEES

The Flash plug-in crashes, not FireFox.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Lord_Farin

Quote from: UpperKEES on July 16, 2011, 03:31:26 AM

The Flash plug-in crashes, not FireFox.
However, this causes FF to hang for about a minute. Most people aren't patient enough (I am only because I know it's only a minute) to wait and consider it crashing. But indeed, FF does not crash.

Echo51

On another note, i was unable to provoke any sort of crash with going copy-pasta crazy using all kinds of weird chars and letters

Lord_Farin

Quote from: Echo51 on July 16, 2011, 04:50:51 AM
On another note, i was unable to provoke any sort of crash with going copy-pasta crazy using all kinds of weird chars and letters
I am also experiencing no problems when using Chrome. It seems to be something about the nature of the FF plug-in.

Echo51

http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/watch-flash-videos-firefox-5/ here's some reading material, try what the 1st post describes and see if it works for you.

thepenguin

Quote from: Kamron3 on July 16, 2011, 12:20:59 AM

Chrome: 1
Firefox: 0

As for the map viewer, there SERIOUSLY needs to be an HTML version of it. I don't like Flash too much because it crashes (and uses a lot of RAM).

IE:1
Chrome:0
FF:0
We have become the creeper...

Kamron3

TP, you don't even make any sense. IE gets -1.