Building 10% cheaper and 20% faster upgrades

Started by UpperKEES, February 01, 2010, 10:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

A question about 2 of the available upgrades:

When I choose for 10% cheaper or 20% faster building of structures, is this also applied to structures that I've already put on the map but aren't being built yet?
And what about a structure that is already built for 50%?

My guess is that the speed for all build-packets is improved for all structures when I choose for 20% faster, but I'm not sure how the 10% cheaper is implemented, especially when it's already under construction.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

knucracker

The cheaper upgrade becomes effective immediately regardless of the current build status of the structure.  At least one more packet has to arrive, though, to complete the structure.

UpperKEES

Ah, thanks!

So what happens with 'unnessesary' packets that are already on their way?

knucracker

I don't recall right off whether they evaporate or if they keep going.  Either way, they would have no effect on anything.  I do know that they do not return their energy to your reserves.  Energy from your reserves is "energy".  Packets are physical little things that are made from energy.  So when a packet is lost, the original energy used to make the packet can't be recovered.  At least that is the way I imagined it when I coded it all up :)

UpperKEES

That's fine with me! :) (As long as I know.... ;))