CW2: Game incomplete

Started by Karsten75, September 06, 2010, 06:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

On Kongregate (IIRC) there is a game called "Game Incomplete" (again, IIRC). This game requires you to earn credits foor certain game features, such as the background, etc.

I've just had a wicked thought, how about the CW2 map editor allows the map author to specify certain buttons (such as the "Pause" button as a tech upgrade?)  <Wish this site had the "evil" smiley icon>

Maybe another upgrade/tech to enable OC to move? Now perhaps the new game is not dependent on the mothership moving, but iff it was, then it might be an added wrinkle if one first had to get a tech/upgrade to do it.

Pyxis_GeeK

I like this idea Karsten. It would definitley give the game a different strategy for building/playing maps. It could be cool to have to fight for the tech to get odin city to move to high ground before being overrun by creeper. :) I wonder what Virgil thinks of this.......

The smoking revolver

I love that game!

On topic:Its a good idea
There is always a I in team

UpperKEES

I like things like moveability to be techs (not only for OC, but also for militairy units). Upgrades instead of techs would be fine too.

But to make elementary features like the pause-button techs/upgrades goes too far for me. The pause button is my best friend and I will never play 1 map without it.

For me it's fine when it's in the line of the game (related to the units). What if someone places the 'mute music' and 'turn down volume' in a hard corner of the map? I wouldn't be able to play CW2 at night without disturbing the neighbours and having the police knocking on my door every day! ;)

And now we'll finally have a 'save game' option, I wouldn't like it when it's tech gets located near the furthest emitter to be capped (I still have to get used to the fact that we won't have totems anymore).

So let's keep the techs and upgrades creeper related please! :)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Pyxis_GeeK

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 06, 2010, 07:51:41 PM
For me it's fine when it's in the line of the game (related to the units). What if someone places the 'mute music' and 'turn down volume' in a hard corner of the map? I wouldn't be able to play CW2 at night without disturbing the neighbours and having the police knocking on my door every day! ;)

I agree with creeper related techs and such. Where did the mute music and turn down volume come into play?

Fisherck

This would be a very neat idea. I especially like the idea to be able to take away or turn into upgrades "Creeper" related things like being able to use the pause button. It would be interesting to see the change in tactics.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Karsten75

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 06, 2010, 07:51:41 PM
I like things like moveability to be techs (not only for OC, but also for militairy units). Upgrades instead of techs would be fine too.

But to make elementary features like the pause-button techs/upgrades goes too far for me. The pause button is my best friend and I will never play 1 map without it.

And now we'll finally have a 'save game' option, I wouldn't like it when it's tech gets located near the furthest emitter to be capped (I still have to get used to the fact that we won't have totems anymore).

I think "Pause" is game-related, but I don't think the music buttons affect the actual way we play a game. :) I know that we play different strategies based on whether we can (or do) pause the game - for instance, it is far easier to conduct a battle on multiple fronts or a rapid advance over a wide area if we can make all the game moves while paused.

So I think it might be interesting for map makers to exclude that option from their games.

I'm not saying I will like it, I also use the pause button extensively and have recently found it much harder to play other TD games because they do not allow pause to be used as CW does.

However, as with any other option, you or I can simply not play a game that does not allow pause - or we can go up against those derring-do devils that never pause.