Help with Mass Deleting Maps

Started by Toad, August 19, 2010, 11:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toad

After perusing through several maps, I decided to just download around 1500.  There was a thread that made this rather easy.  Afterward, I made the mistake of loading them all into the Custom Map section of Creeper World.  As can be expected, it takes an exceptional amount of time to now load and play any map under the Custom Map section, owing to massive amount of data stored there.  In fact, it takes my computer thirty seconds just to load a map or delete map.

Is there any way to mass delete all the maps in the Custom Map section?

Pyxis_GeeK

When you go into the custom map section of creeper world and click import custom map where does it point to? Lets just say it points to C:\CW Maps. Find that folder on your computer and delete or move the maps out of that folder. That should keep the list from populating. Let me know if this works.

Karsten75

Assuming you use Windows:

Open Windows Exporer (not Internet Explorer, but the file/folder explorer).

In the address bar type exactly as shown below:

%appdata%\creeperworld\customgames

That is the folder where maps imported into the game is stored.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Pyxis_GeeK on August 19, 2010, 12:02:39 PM
When you go into the custom map section of creeper world and click import custom map where does it point to? Lets just say it points to C:\CW Maps. Find that folder on your computer and delete or move the maps out of that folder. That should keep the list from populating. Let me know if this works.

No, that would point to your download folder.

Quote from: Karsten75 on August 19, 2010, 12:18:53 PM
Assuming you use Windows:

Open Windows Exporer (not Internet Explorer, but the file/folder explorer).

In the address bar type exactly as shown below:

%appdata%\creeperworld\customgames

That is the folder where maps imported into the game is stored.

Yep, read more here. Please note that all maps will stay in your list when deleted manually (although they are not physically on your hard drive.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Toad

Brilliant, Karsten75.  My Custom Maps is clean and shiny once again.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Toad on August 19, 2010, 11:56:56 AM
I made the mistake of loading them all into the Custom Map section of Creeper World.  As can be expected, it takes an exceptional amount of time to now load and play any map under the Custom Map section, owing to massive amount of data stored there.  In fact, it takes my computer thirty seconds just to load a map or delete map.

This is exactly the reason I discourage people from using the 1000+ map packs, as I made the same mistake myself. Glad to read it works again. :)

One question though: did you import every single one of these 1500 maps manually with the import button? :o

Toad

UpperKEES

In that case it's maybe nice to know that you can just copy all files at once to the same folder you just deleted them from (although you have to make sure you don't overwrite files with a similar name).

Toad

Agreed.  Makes swapping in and out maps fairly easy and quick.

Thanks again folks.