Custom Map: Pyramid :)

Started by AutoPost, June 09, 2010, 10:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Pyramid :)

Author: Tohta

Desc:
It is quite simple to beat although if you cannot see how, you will be beaten when the creeper escapes.

UpperKEES

Better lock OC next time.... ;)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

km

I suspect that you are supposed to move OC for the solution.

Karsten75

Quote from: Tohta on June 09, 2010, 11:43:11 PM
Quote from: UpperKEES on June 09, 2010, 10:56:51 AM
Better lock OC next time.... ;)

it is impossible for you to move odin city on top of the pyramid
the space is insufficient by one square even after the creeper overruns the first barrier which takes around 1.5 min
unless the map was altered by someone other than myself
no one should have a time below 1 min
i myself have only been able to beat it in 15 min

No, what you may not realize is that we can fly Odin City directly over the one totem. While flying over, OC connects and activates the totem. Bingo - we're done.

Common noob mistake is to have a single totem that OC can connect to while in the air.

Edit: in case you don't understand - the in the world  :)

km

To add to the above, you can also 'float' OC back and forwards, effectively holding the connection to something like a totem. That's when I lose interest in CW! And there are some maps built specifically to exploit this feature. I've never been able to solve any of them!

Tohta

Quote from: km on June 10, 2010, 03:51:27 AM
To add to the above, you can also 'float' OC back and forwards, effectively holding the connection to something like a totem. That's when I lose interest in CW! And there are some maps built specifically to exploit this feature. I've never been able to solve any of them!

i have edited the map in order to counter that tactic now
for someone to use it now they would break a link between one of the other totems

Karsten75

Quote from: Tohta on June 10, 2010, 07:23:25 AM

for someone to use it now they would break a link between one of the other totems

What you will find is hat players are not too keen on replaying an author's map just because the author screwed up on the first map and now brings out a more difficult version. Especially if the author does not post a score on the revised version, implying that it is too hard even for them.

Tohta

Quote from: Karsten75 on June 10, 2010, 07:46:45 AM
Quote from: Tohta on June 10, 2010, 07:23:25 AM

What you will find is hat players are not too keen on replaying an author's map just because the author screwed up on the first map and now brings out a more difficult version. Especially if the author does not post a score on the revised version, implying that it is too hard even for them.

if you use the same strategy as i had intended to be used it is quite simple
tho the hard part is getting a link to the last totem
there is a lil trick to it