Posting Scores

Started by kettlefalls, March 27, 2010, 07:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kettlefalls

Could someone please explain how game scores are updated to the server.  I have played a number of games and have never seen the times posted against a game if it's low or high times.  Is there a trick I don't understand or something I have to do on my end?

I have dsl on all the time so it isn't a connection issue.

Thanks much!

Kamron3

probably PHP posting methods, but I'm not sure.

or if you are talking about how to do it, after you complete a map it will ask you if you want to post. You have to do it manually.

_k

Karsten75

Quote from: kettlefalls on March 27, 2010, 07:22:55 PM
Could someone please explain how game scores are updated to the server.  I have played a number of games and have never seen the times posted against a game if it's low or high times.  Is there a trick I don't understand or something I have to do on my end?

I have dsl on all the time so it isn't a connection issue.

Thanks much!

When you get the game completion graph, click on the Continue button. Then you get a pane where you can fill in your name and clic to submit your score to Knucklecracker. If you exit that pane without clicking Submit your score will not be sent to Knucklecracker.

SammyG

???
Do the Total Scores update the same way as the individual worlds?

When I submit my scores for an individual world both the recent scores and the all time best update just fine.
(I'm happy to say that I'm making my way up the charts on most Story Worlds!)

Sadly, the total scores don't seem to update.  I finally broke into the top 100 for total story scores (172000 with 32 plays) but the Total score lists don't update for me.   Same thing for conquest and special ops - only the individual world lists will update.

Ideas?

Love the game!

Thanks,
Sammy

UpperKEES

Welcome to the forums and in the top 100! :)

The totals are calculated at the server by adding all individual submitted map scores. If you haven't submitted all individual scores, your local total can differ from the total calculated at the server. As long as you submit the score for every individual world/map, the totals should be the same.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

SammyG

Thanks.  I went back and redid some of the early worlds and resubmitted my score.  Now I'm on the board at slot #84 - woot!  woot!

Next I have to figure out how people finish some of these things in under 2 minutes!!!  Unreal!

Sammy

UpperKEES

Read a lot here at the forums and watch some of the video's; that will be a great help (use the forum search). People might also want to help you out in the chat. You will have to use some advanced techniques to set these 'unreal' times.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview