Custom Map Maker Galaxies

Started by ShadowDragon7015, December 12, 2012, 11:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkily

Quote from: Ronini on December 17, 2012, 08:19:41 AM
I was under the impression you were talking about all possible kinds of maps (story, generic, custom) being placed in one single star chart
I would like to see one sector of the map that is otherwise devoted to the campaign be reserved for custom maps, and no others.  I would also like (only as an option) to see the custom maps that a player has downloaded mixed into the universe that is otherwise populated only by procedural maps and hand-made mission maps.

4xC

What I am trying to do is make sense of the custom map organization and how it relates to the rest of the CW3 game itself. I ws under the concern that dealing with multiple galaxies in anyway would make it too abstract from the plot of CW3. And if the plot does not have a say in the custom maps of the first 2 games, why even bother with galaxy-based size-ups for custom map organization and what-not of CW3?
C,C,C,C

lurkily

Galaxy-based size-ups?  Are you talking about expanding the size of the area accessible on the map?

Not sure that's really necessary . . . I would just use a single sector for custom maps, right alongside the other sectors.  Have an array of wormholes in that sector - each one leads to a different sorting of the same maps.  By date, by rating, by author name.  Accessing a map from any of those would bring you to the author's sector - either to the world, or if they specify, to the entry point that they indicate for their sector.