Custom Map: Run!!!

Started by AutoPost, June 29, 2010, 09:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Run!!!

Author: Archer4499

Desc:
Run!!

UpperKEES

QuoteRun!!

You probably meant: Fly!!

I really wonder if I should keep approving maps like this. Technically you have to do something, but I'm not sure whether this contributes to the KnuckleCracker map collection.

Please let me know what you guys think. If the majority rather wouldn't see maps like this, I'll reject them in the future.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Timbo

This map feels like a waste of time to me. Not much time, but a waste never-the-less.

Vexsin

Quote from: Timbo on June 29, 2010, 12:50:46 PM
This map feels like a waste of time to me. Not much time, but a waste never-the-less.

^This

Fly OC and win in a few seconds accomplishes nothing.

n3s

If this is another one of those 'ping-pong over the single totem and win in a few seconds' maps, then I won't even download it.

UpperKEES

It is, so downloading and importing it would cost you more time than playing it. ;)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Toaster

UpperKEES,
It's interesting to see the scores in alphabetical order... I don't get the point, this guy obviously spent "some" time making this map. Maybe it should have been rejected. However, I think if you are going to have a basis for rejection, you need to post that basis, so we can all be on the same playing field. "Goodness" is too subjective. That makes it tough to define what is "bad" about a map. I personally think that any map that can be won without engaging the Creeper in some manner is worthless. If we want puzzles, we can go out an buy a puzzle book. I have seen "Limited resource" maps that limit what hardware you have throughout the game, but at least you had to use them against the Creeper. Just my opinion. This is a tough call for sure.....