Map editor fields

Started by lich98, October 30, 2011, 07:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lich98

could we add in a field type where it pushes both horitontal directions, and another in bother vertical directions? I would like to see this added.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

J

Great idea but I have a few questions:

Where should the creeper inside go? 50/50 could be a problem with odd numbers.
Why didn't you ask for a field that pushes into 4 directions? :P perfect for subcells you don't want creeper in

lich98

wait I ment to add one that does push in all directions. It would be benifical.
-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

Ebon Heart

Quote from: J on October 30, 2011, 01:58:48 PM
Great idea but I have a few questions:

Where should the creeper inside go? 50/50 could be a problem with odd numbers.
Why didn't you ask for a field that pushes into 4 directions? :P perfect for subcells you don't want creeper in
I've thought about this too... I think any creeper inside should stay there, like if it were in terrain. But if the field moves, the creeper should stay there, and disband. like you dug up the terrrain.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

mthw2vc

They're called pin fields with drip mode on... :P

J

I think every frame 2 ccc goes out in each direction, no problem with odd numbers because any density less then 10 will disappear. If there's more creeper inside then in the surrounding subcells the creeper would react normally.

lich98

-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

lich98

I thought of another field idea. can we have a field that could push in any direction but its random, as of now i could program one to change but it wouldn't be random, i don't know if this is possible but thought it would be cool.
-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

UpperKEES

So everyone playing the map exactly the same way would get a different score? Doesn't sound like a good idea....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

thepenguin

Quote from: UpperKEES on November 06, 2011, 10:11:22 AM
So everyone playing the map exactly the same way would get a different score? Doesn't sound like a good idea....

perhaps a hash of the map (changes direction every time a new unit is built?)
We have become the creeper...

UpperKEES

I think rotating every X frames is random enough, because not many players will be using a stopwatch (or the = key). Most random elements that were still in CW1 have been eliminated and I believe that's a good thing. :)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Ranakastrasz

Aside from spores/phantoms, which regardless of them being a hash of the unit ids (or something constant like that) Still seem a bit wrong to me game-play wise. They actually ignore *good* targets, which aside from the hole in the wall problem, seems like they should chose closer and lesser protected targets.