Tech Dome cost bug

Started by cclloyd9785, August 25, 2011, 01:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cclloyd9785

I noticed that if while paused you build a tech dome, build a 2nd one, delete the first one, and build another in the same spot, they both take the lower price.  I build 30+ of them while paused and when I unpaused they all cost 8 energy to build.

UpperKEES

Weird, I also experience the bug you describe, but in my case I'm paying the highest cost for both (with or without the -20% building cost upgrade).

Edit: typo.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Fisherck

Quote from: UpperKEES on August 25, 2011, 02:56:15 AM
Weird, I also experience the bug you describe, but in my case I'm paying the highest cost for both (with or without the -20% building cost upgrade).

That's what happens to me too. A bug, but not one you can take advantage of... ;)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

florrat

Quote from: Fisherck on August 25, 2011, 08:50:51 PM
Quote from: UpperKEES on August 25, 2011, 02:56:15 AM

That's what happens to me too. A bug, but not one you can take advantage of... ;)

Well, is that really a bug? The formula for tech dome cost is just 10+5*[amount of tech domes you have], and then this is a logical consequence. It's the same that if you destroy your first built tech dome while you have a lot of them, you still pay 100 energy instead of 4 for building a new one.

Back on topic: I can't reproduce it either. cclloyd9785, can you send more information about how you do it, or send a screenshot showing it?

cclloyd9785

I could though...  Like I said, I built 30+ for 8 cost.

UpperKEES

Quote from: cclloyd9785 on August 26, 2011, 02:38:36 AM
I could though...  Like I said, I built 30+ for 8 cost.

Quote from: florrat on August 25, 2011, 10:34:46 PM
I can't reproduce it either. cclloyd9785, can you send more information about how you do it, or send a screenshot showing it?

A bug can only be solved if it can be reproduced. Again, are you able to reproduce it, or do you have a screenshot or saved game?
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Grauniad

I really do not understand this bug. Initial cost of a tech dome is 10. I pause the game. I build one tech dome for a displayed cost of 10. I build the next tech dome for a displayed cost of 15. I now delete the tech dome and the displayed cost of the next tech dome is again 115, since the deleted tech dome is not counted in inventory. But I still only have two tech domes  for a total displayed cost of 25. For every tech dome I build, the cost increment is 5. FOr every dome I delete, the price decreases with 5.

What am I missing?
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Fisherck

Quote from: Grauniad on August 26, 2011, 02:00:14 PM
I really do not understand this bug. Initial cost of a tech dome is 10. I pause the game. I build one tech dome for a displayed cost of 10. I build the next tech dome for a displayed cost of 15. I now delete the tech dome and the displayed cost of the next tech dome is again 115, since the deleted tech dome is not counted in inventory. But I still only have two tech domes  for a total displayed cost of 25. For every tech dome I build, the cost increment is 5. FOr every dome I delete, the price decreases with 5.

What am I missing?
In simple terms, what you can do is build 2 tech domes. 10 and 15. The next tech dome is 20, but you delete the 10, and it ges back down to 15. you build another, and you get two 15 cost tech domes, because at the time you place them, the cost was 15. :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Grauniad

Quote from: Fisherck on August 26, 2011, 02:15:13 PM
Quote from: Grauniad on August 26, 2011, 02:00:14 PM

What am I missing?
In simple terms, what you can do is build 2 tech domes. 10 and 15. The next tech dome is 20, but you delete the 10, and it ges back down to 15. you build another, and you get two 15 cost tech domes, because at the time you place them, the cost was 15. :)

Hmm...  So I give up the cost=10 dome to get a cost=15 iso a cost=20 dome? 

If built normally, I had a cost=10 and a cost=15 dome. Total 25. 

Your example I delete the cost=10 dome, and build another cost=15 dome. Total 30.

I'm still missing something. :(
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

J

I think your missing this:
Tech Dome 3 also cost 15, Tech Dome 4 also cost 15...

florrat

Quote from: J on August 26, 2011, 05:24:40 PM
I think your missing this:
Tech Dome 3 also cost 15, Tech Dome 4 also cost 15...
How do you do this then? If you want to make a tech dome of cost 15, it cannot be your third one, because that means the cost is at least 20. So you need to destroy one of your previous 2 tech domes, which gives you nothing new.

cclloyd9785, could you send a savefile or something when you are building your tech domes at low cost? (I think a screenshot can't capture this)
Because currently most of us can't reproduce this, and only end up with more expensive tech domes than normal.

J

Quote from: cclloyd9785 on August 25, 2011, 01:44:49 AM
I noticed that if while paused you build a tech dome, build a 2nd one, delete the first one, and build another in the same spot, they both take the lower price.  I build 30+ of them while paused and when I unpaused they all cost 8 energy to build.
Can't reproduce this.

Perfect test map :P