Main Menu

Spore Cannon

Started by Capn Trey, February 04, 2010, 05:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capn Trey

I'd like to see a Spore cannon on screen. It would gather up creeper that touched it and shoot off a spore when it has stored enough energy. Then you could slow it down by killing the creeper around it.

A spore cannon in a crater with four emitters would fire very quickly. A spore cannon on a shallow plane would fire much slower.

I think this could be fun if there were good and bad creepers. You could build you own Spore Cannon to launch your creeper at the enemy.

Karsten75

Hey this is a great idea. Since we don't yet have "friendly creeper, how about we get something that gathers up energy packets and transform those into explosives that can be fired at pools of creeper. Then it will explode and kill the creeper around it. So if you have lots of energy, you can send lots of packets to this cannon and it can fire faster than when you don't have a lot of energy.  Sounds like a mortar... oh wait...

The Creep Destroyer

Sounds kinda neat, if it had no creep near it, it would never fire.
Starcraft 2... where the creeper dies to nukes.
I use lightmage to record my scores.

corgano

This is plausable, and quite an interesting

it could act kinda like a mortar, check how much creeper is on its square (or the adjacent ones) and add that to its "ammo"

Just like a mortar, as soon as it gathers enough creeper it fires.

ammo = ammo + creeper

if its in 1 layer of creeper, add 1 ammo, if its in 10 layers of creeper, add 10... and when it gets, say 25 creeper, it fires shouldn't be too hard from a programming point of view to do

UpperKEES

Quote from: corgano on February 05, 2010, 12:41:55 AM
ammo = ammo + creeper

ammo += creeper; (this is faster, if you speak the right language.... ;))
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Capn Trey

I had the idea because I kept asking where to these spores keep coming from!

There could still be spore waves from offscreen but you could imagine they are coming from a cannon.

UpperKEES

But what about the purity of nothingness? I always liked that phrase.

A spore cannon is something, which is not nothing.  ::)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

crazyone76

a emmiter is something too

by the way the creeper can also destroy thos things
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dissatisfied

great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Capn Trey

I think there is some confussion over this idea.

I originally intended for this to be an enemy structure not something I would build. But it would start out on the map and I've have to work towards it to distroy or at least keep it from being fed creeper to make to make more spores.

I just mentioned the hypothetical idea of "friendly creeper" that I had heard elsewhere that would allow you to build these and use them yourself but that is really just seperate issue if "friendly creepers" ever come into play.