how to beat corvus

Started by gmc12, February 06, 2010, 11:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmc12

i need help on corvus, i get the lifepods but then i die ??? >:( :'(
OR i dont get them and spred out, but the lifepods die ??? >:( :'(

Karsten75

Search (on this forum) is your buddy, there is at least one other thread on Corvus.

Or try this, my most recent walkthrough. 

betadata

there is even a video on this map.

Alwego

crazyone76

first get the survival pods you dont have to be quick with the botem right as the creeper wil never get up there.
if you got at least the left most pods you must build mortars onthose and the middle isles
hope it helpes
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karsten75

Now that I'm better at this game I've gotten my time to beat Corvus down to about 12 minutes.  What is the best time that others have and what is your strategy?  YouTube is down for maintenance, so I can't upload a new vid, but when they come up I will and post the link here.

UpperKEES

8:41

1. Generate energy first.
2. Make sure you don't go in starvation mode while building collectors. Build only as many at the same time as you have the energy for.
3. Save the pods just in time with relays you will use later to reach the totems.
4. Fight the Creeper only when necessary.
5. Prepare your (first and final) attack carefully (how many blasters / mortars do I really need?)
6. Don't let the mortar(s) shoot at shallow (one elevation level or less) Creeper. In this case deactivate/disarm/relocate the mortar(s).

Apart from point 3 you can apply these guidelines to every map.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Karsten75

Quote from: UpperKEES on February 09, 2010, 07:07:00 AM
8:41

1. Generate energy first.
2. Make sure you don't go in starvation mode while building collectors. Build only as many at the same time as you have the energy for.
3. Save the pods just in time with relays you will use later to reach the totems.
4. Fight the Creeper only when necessary.
5. Prepare your (first and final) attack carefully (how many blasters / mortars do I really need?)
6. Don't let the mortar(s) shoot at shallow (one elevation level or less) Creeper. In this case deactivate/disarm/relocate the mortar(s).

Apart from point 3 you can apply these guidelines to every map.

Hmm I wish you'd publish a wallkthrough.

Here's my best effort:

DwarF

Quote from: gmc12 on February 06, 2010, 11:12:31 AM
i need help on corvus, i get the lifepods but then i die ??? >:( :'(
OR i dont get them and spred out, but the lifepods die ??? >:( :'(
I´m currenty working on a walktroh of creeper world and are at the moment uploading corvus
Playlist at http://www.youtube.com/user/rcx760#grid/user/10FBA61E44B1D28B

creeper killer

I failed the first time because I wanted toi see what would happen if a suvival pod got destroyed. but what I do is I build collectors around the starting island and then I relay to all the islands that have survival pods on them. when I got all the survivors I fall back to the 3 middle islands( the frontest island that arent being devoured by creeper) then I build collectors til I get about 3-4 collection. then I start building blasters. 1 or 2 on each island.(3 on the starting island) then the creeper clears around the starting island and I build a few collectors and move 2 blasters around the sides. then just slowly advance and a few motar "bombing runs" and you should win.
(sorry about the vagueness)

there happy?
Quoteyou will be assimilated into the herd, resistance is futile
(picture's too big :( )
just though I'd let you guys know :)

creeper killer

how about I make a walk through too. because you all are noobs by making weapons before you got all the survival pods
Quoteyou will be assimilated into the herd, resistance is futile
(picture's too big :( )
just though I'd let you guys know :)

Karsten75

Yea, go for it. My best time now is 9:19.

Update: Best time now is 7:15 and I think I can shave a few seconds more off that. But how to beat Siccles and Alwego?

Siccles

blasphemy pure blasphemy karsten how can a mere human even hope to beat creeperworld-gods?  ::)