No More CW1 Suggestions

Started by Pyxis_GeeK, September 07, 2010, 02:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyxis_GeeK

I propose that we sticky this post that there will be no more modifications/updates to Creeper World 1. This would be good to keep players from playing the game and then making a suggestion to improve game play for CW1. I think we can all agree that CW1 will not be updated any further than the current version of 0572. I think we all want Virgil to put his time and effort into the development of Creeper World 2.

If this is the case and Virgil gives this post his stamp of approval I say it be stickied and locked at the top of this Suggestion Board.

Karsten75

Suggestions are always interesting and may lead to something that can be put into CW2.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Pyxis_GeeK on September 07, 2010, 02:32:33 PM
I propose that we sticky this post that there will be no more modifications/updates to Creeper World 1. This would be good to keep players from playing the game and then making a suggestion to improve game play for CW1. I think we can all agree that CW1 will not be updated any further than the current version of 0572. I think we all want Virgil to put his time and effort into the development of Creeper World 2.

If this is the case and Virgil gives this post his stamp of approval I say it be stickied and locked at the top of this Suggestion Board.

Agreed.

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 07, 2010, 03:33:02 PM
Suggestions are always interesting and may lead to something that can be put into CW2.

When CW2 (beta) gets released I guess there will be a CW2 suggestions board. I won't suggest anything until I've seen and played the game. I trust Virgil that he has taken all previous suggestions into account and considered all of them to be part of CW2. As far as I've read in his blog this is going to be an awesome game that we first need to get used to before we start suggesting changes/additions. The comments under the blog can also be used to make remarks about what you've read.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Pyxis_GeeK

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 07, 2010, 03:37:45 PM
When CW2 (beta) gets released I guess there will be a CW2 suggestions board. I won't suggest anything until I've seen and played the game. I trust Virgil that he has taken all previous suggestions into account and considered all of them to be part of CW2. As far as I've read in his blog this is going to be an awesome game that we first need to get used to before we start suggesting changes/additions. The comments under the blog can also be used to make remarks about what you've read.

Im thinking there will be a board for CW2 suggestions as well. It will be hard to suggest anything untill we have played CW2. I have thrown myself at Virgils feet to possibly be part of the Beta..... :)

Karsten75

Virgil owns these boards. If he wanted to, he could simply have locked the board. The fact that he disn't, quite possibly might suggest to you that he is open to listening to stuff people want to say about this and any future game.

UpperKEES

Yep, for now this is the only place to post suggestions (for any KnuckleCracker game, the installer package, the process of buying the game, the forums and the website). But there won't be another update of CW1, unless a major bug (showstopper) is found; you know that, I know that and Spiff knows that.

If people already want to post new suggestions for a game that hasn't even been released yet that's up to them. I won't (and can't) stop them. See here for CW3 related issues. ;)

Pyxis_GeeK

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 07, 2010, 06:13:20 PM
Virgil owns these boards. If he wanted to, he could simply have locked the board. The fact that he disn't, quite possibly might suggest to you that he is open to listening to stuff people want to say about this and any future game.

I know Virgil is open to listening to suggestions see here . But why would you continue making suggestions for a game that we are 98% sure wont be updated again? Thats like emailing Nintendo about Super Mario Brothers for a suggestion you have for better game play. It just doesnt make any since. Granted that Virgil has not said he wont update CW1 again. Do you think that he will? Will he update the game for these suggestions? What about this one?

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 07, 2010, 06:53:30 PM
Yep, for now this is the only place to post suggestions (for any KnuckleCracker game, the installer package, the process of buying the game, the forums and the website). But there won't be another update of CW1, unless a mayor bug (showstopper) is found; you know that, I know that and Spiff knows that.

If people already want to post new suggestions for a game that hasn't even been released yet that's up to them. I won't (and can't) stop them. See here for CW3 related issues. ;)

Im just saying at some point CW1 will be complete and there will be no reason to submit a suggestion about better gameplay for CW1 thinking it may get applied to CW2. We know that CW2 will be a completely different animal.

So is there a point to continue making suggestions for a game that is pretty much complete?

UpperKEES

Quote from: Pyxis_GeeK on September 07, 2010, 07:08:30 PM
So is there a point to continue making suggestions for a game that is pretty much complete?

We are saying the same thing. ;)

Sqaz

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 07, 2010, 07:34:23 PM
Quote from: Pyxis_GeeK on September 07, 2010, 07:08:30 PM

We are saying the same thing. ;)

As Karsten already said:
"Suggestions are always interesting and may lead to something that can be put into CW2."

Things like good creeper repulsors, terrain excavation (terraforming) where all suggested here but never made it into this game.

E.g.
Quote from: SPIFFEN on September 07, 2010, 06:55:28 AM
I think it would be nice to be abel to see the connection lines all the time ,
if you are close enought to connect .

So if it is possibel to place an building somewhere ,
but there is an wall ( green ) delaying the placement ,
the connection line should be red .

Then you'll se that the connection can be made later ,
and plan ahead , while you wait for something in the way to be gone .

This won't make it in CW1, but maybe Virgil will look at it and say: "hey, maybe that would be good for CW2 for when you want to build something on not yet digged ground."

UpperKEES

There will be a CW2 board soon which will solve this 'problem' (you may already have seen some changes to the board structure).

I think it's a good thing for people (especially newbies) to know that CW1 won't change anymore.

Pyxis_GeeK

Im pretty sure in CW2 the connections are "wireless". So is there a point for visible connection lines?

Blog

Path Finding Quote from Virgil:
In CW, path finding was done by packets as the moved along your network.  This was one of the cooler things about CW.  Many people just liked watching those packets find their way.  The packets were themselves a kind of "unit" that moved around on the map and made the whole simulation alive and animated.  Classic A* was used to route the packets with a new evaluation being done at each place along the path.  In game2, the network isn't made up of straight lines that connect structures.  It is made up of tunnels and caves that the player digs.  Packets move around through this collection of tunnels to find their targets.

Sqaz

Quote from: Pyxis_GeeK on September 08, 2010, 08:02:25 AM
Im pretty sure in CW2 the connections are "wireless". So is there a point for visible connection lines?

Blog

Path Finding Quote from Virgil:
In CW, path finding was done by packets as the moved along your network.  This was one of the cooler things about CW.  Many people just liked watching those packets find their way.  The packets were themselves a kind of "unit" that moved around on the map and made the whole simulation alive and animated.  Classic A* was used to route the packets with a new evaluation being done at each place along the path.  In game2, the network isn't made up of straight lines that connect structures.  It is made up of tunnels and caves that the player digs.  Packets move around through this collection of tunnels to find their targets.

Didn't thought about that in my example :-\, just took the first suggestion I saw. But I think, it's a matter of line of sight, so unless some blocks block your sight it would be a pretty useless suggestion.

Aurzel

you never know at some point once he feels cw2 is running well he might want to revisit cw if he feels there's something good to add in

Pyxis_GeeK

Well we will just have to wait for Virgil to say something.

Until then suggest away. ;)

-----Locked-----