I just don't get it

Started by Karsten75, September 04, 2010, 06:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

I'm an OK player of Creeper World. I accept I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, But sometimes I'm simply flabbergasted.

On today's Chronom map there are several scores in the sub 1:30 range. I can't figure it out. I've looked at various options and I'm flabbergasted.  Within 7 seconds, the high totem (near the bottom) is flooded further than a collector can connect. Within about 16 seconds, the distance of 2 connectors are flooded. It takes about 14 seconds to fly Odin city to a spot on the ridge near the two central totems.

So what is left? Flying OC in tandem with a blaster into the creeper at the bottom to connect? Is that the answer?

Color me puxzzled[sic].

UpperKEES

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 04, 2010, 06:59:22 PM
So what is left? Flying OC in tandem with a blaster into the creeper at the bottom to connect? Is that the answer?

A SAM is cheaper.... ;)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Fisherck

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 04, 2010, 07:58:53 PM
A SAM is cheaper.... ;)

You know, that is a very good idea!. Took 4 seconds off my score. :D I often forget SAMs are cheaper than blasters. :P
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

UpperKEES

Damn, I should keep my big mouth shut and just send Karsten a PM.... :P
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Aurzel

lol dont feel so bad karsten, there's no way i'd ever be able to beat some of those speed runs, i'm too much into a slow push