Custom Map: Funneled

Started by AutoPost, July 30, 2010, 04:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Funneled

Author: Fisherck

Desc:
As the name suggests, the terrain will funnel the Creeper to the center of the map. Only problem, that is where the city is. Of course, at three minutes, all of the emitters intensity will increase too.

Fisherck

The life of a map is a very interesting thing. I bring this up here because of a stage this map went through before I submitted it. I often start with an idea and quickly make and then save it for later (as I am often working on at least one other map). Later, I will go through, smooth it out and decide on how I want the map to be played. Then, I make the emmiters, upgrades, techs, etc. and test it until I get the desired play. For some of my maps I also create a custom image for the background of it.

But onto the interesting part of the map. The finished result you see is the exact opposite of what I started out with. Literally. Every level one terrain used to be 5, level 2 used to be 4 and so on. Part way through the creation process I decided I liked the map better reversed.

And that is the very (somewhat) interesting life of this map. ;D
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Karsten75

This map makes me feel like the little Dutch boy trying to plug the dyke, only thing is I don't have enough fingers!  :(

Fisherck

Unless you grow an extra one, your going to have a problem :D.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

Fisherck

If anyone is having problems and needs help beating the map, Mare made a video on how to beat it.

Here is the link for the video.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

UpperKEES

Nice map! I love all the useful bottlenecks. :)

I guess it helps being a Dutch boy. ;)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Fisherck

Squashed my time, but I am not going to give up... ;D It might take me a few tries.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps