Light and Dark series (L&D)

Started by ThePhantom, July 04, 2010, 06:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePhantom

I just came out with a new series it's a grand total of 35 maps long divided into 8 chapters. I've finally finished it and I'm going to upload it one chapter at a time (one chapter approved next one comes on). I've mostly made this thread to put down my screen shot crop of my list of scores from it as I've completed all of them pre-submitted scores and now I'm going to put them down so no one doubts the playability.

There they are. I'd also like to know if anyone's interested in playing them all through and telling me how it looked in the final outcome.
This is for the record.. I will not go silently into the night! I will not go without a fight! Tonight I make my final stand! I go forth in the hell I choose for myself, not the one chosen for me! I will return from this hell, or leave this world knowing I died a cause I wanted to die for!
~Phantom

ThePhantom

Well, now that that's out there I'd like to throw this out, I can't upload my maps. They have been saved under .cwm like they should be, I don't really get it so if anyone would like to tell me something else that is required for me to upload them please do share.
This is for the record.. I will not go silently into the night! I will not go without a fight! Tonight I make my final stand! I go forth in the hell I choose for myself, not the one chosen for me! I will return from this hell, or leave this world knowing I died a cause I wanted to die for!
~Phantom

Karsten75

Well, what happens when you try to upload them? The more detail you provide, the easier it might be to figure it out...

ThePhantom

that'd be it

the location this map is stored on my computer is C:\Users\Justin\Creeper World Maps\L&D if I have to keep it in just "Justin" then I could prolly do that but idk
~Phantom

Karsten75

It may be the ampersand ("&") sign in the file name. SPIFFEN has a long thread about problematic characters in file names.

ThePhantom

would changing the name cause me to have to replay the maps for scores
~Phantom

SPIFFEN

I think it's the . that does it , try to change it into , and see if that helps .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

ThePhantom

I still didn't get my answer

if I change the name will my scores upload online or not
~Phantom

SPIFFEN

PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

ThePhantom

I know if you save it after scoring your score doesn't go over but the actual file name if I change it will it

one time a map got messed up and I fixed it by restoring to a restore point and it still scored but idk about this one
~Phantom

Blaze

Shouldn't do anything as long as your just changing the file name and nothing about the map itself.

Also, I'll play if you put a file download link that has them all in one file.

Karsten75

Renaming the file does not affect the uploaded score. Only when you open the file in the editor and save it again does it invalidate the scores on the server.

ThePhantom

alright I've changed the name so it doesn't have the . and instead has , and they uploaded like champs :D now time to wait for kar and upper to approve them :D
~Phantom

UpperKEES

Too bad you didn't submit scores for all these maps. :( Now they will have to be processed like every other map without a score....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview