Custom Map: Speed Please

Started by AutoPost, July 07, 2010, 11:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Speed Please

Author: RichieRich

Desc:
The top emitters start in 3 minutes, but you dont have that long to get across. You can only get some of the techs so choose carefully.

UpperKEES

Now that was a great map!

I liked the different phases and the way you made it all work out.

Really enjoyed myself! Too bad I just didn't make it before the 10 minute mark. The first time I let it all collapse while building my last collector at 10:45, so I hoped it would be possible within 10 minutes....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

RichieRich

Damn you and your turbo playing  ;D

I am glad you enjoyed it. It's so hard to know with maps you did yourself that having played them numerous times they can seem like a bit of a one way street.

I did enjoy tinkering with the collectors to try to create some pressure but not too much and was happy with that. It ended up a bit easier than I thought - my comment about not being able to get all the techs is incorrect as I changed some of the landscape from a previous version.

I had an idea after playing this map http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=231&scores=1 (which I really enjoyed a while back) but trying to mix it up a bit.

UpperKEES

Yeah, I was indeed able to get all techs (not that I used them all, but I needed them anyway). I only picked up 3 of the 6 upgrades (and later one more). I think the difficulty is perfect for a medium rated map by the way.

That River Valley map is also on my to do list, just like Lost Temple, also by ItsFunToLose. If I only had more time....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview