Ever checked the scores...

Started by Katra, July 20, 2010, 09:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katra

Have you ever checked the high scores after completing a map and realized you just utterly pwned all the other scores?

I've been playing through ThePhantom's L&D series and just had that happen three maps in a row. (One by 20 minutes!)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

L'ythelle

I took a look at your scores, and didn't recognize most of the players you beat. It's possible that you beat some newbies, so enjoy your top position, because the sharks will dethrone you soon enough!   ;D

I once had the high score on one of those maps you pwn'd ........ but then again, there were only two scores at the time I posted it.  :P

I recently set records on some older maps. I attribute it to the fact that when those maps were new there weren't many experienced players yet because the game had just come out. Nevertheless, it was nice to see my name on top instead of 15th place for a change.

(edit) Accidentally posted before proofing. Corrected embarassing typo.

Karsten75

I found (after a lot of searching) the map pwned by 20 minutes. Well done. But as L'ythelle pointed out, that map didn't get a lot of play by the known high scorers.

And on that note L'ythelle, I just took your spot on this map. :) Your turn. 

UpperKEES

Quote from: Katra on July 20, 2010, 09:57:50 PM
Have you ever checked the high scores after completing a map and realized you just utterly pwned all the other scores?

Every now and then.... ;)

Before I play a map I often look at the high scores however, so it's no surprise most of the time. Scores give you a rough indication how much energy you'll need, especially when that score has been set by a good player.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

L'ythelle

Quote from: Karsten75 on July 20, 2010, 11:36:48 PM

I'm afraid I'm not a practitioner of the magic used by the rest of you to pwn maps. That's my personal best for that map, but someone else has already beaten your score!  :o

Karsten75

Quote from: L'ythelle on July 21, 2010, 08:26:41 AM
Quote from: Karsten75 on July 20, 2010, 11:36:48 PM

I'm afraid I'm not a practitioner of the magic used by the rest of you to pwn maps. That's my personal best for that map, but someone else has already beaten your score!  :o

LOL, Hot damn. how did he manage that? I was chuffed having taken off two seconds...  :D

Katra

I tend to look at the high scores when I download a map; but it's usually a day or three (at least) before I get to playing them. By that time I don't remember what the scores were. (besides; the first score or three often aren't typical of later scores.)

As for the L&D series; I suspect the long times on the score list may have discouraged some of the better players. (I almost skipped some for that reason. Of course those were the ones I chopped big chunks off the best completion time of...)

Sure I suspect others will match my time. Especially since I dropped a hint in the forum for that map.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!