Custom Map: About Rivers and Hills

Started by AutoPost, June 28, 2010, 01:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: About Rivers and Hills

Author: Sqaz

Desc:
Prepare yourself for a map that will test all your skills: Build a collector here, just before the spore attack enters? Move the city and sacrifice your buildings? again? send a suicide blaster in the creeper?
Well, you'll need to make this kind of choices in this map.

snowmaker (JM)

Nice map. I made a couple of mistakes, but that is expected when you usually only play a map once. Keep it up  :)

UpperKEES

Indeed a nice map, but I'm not sure if I played it as you intended. I think I could do it even 1 - 1.5 minutes faster when I give it a second try.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Sqaz

Quote from: UpperKEES on June 28, 2010, 10:09:31 PM
Indeed a nice map, but I'm not sure if I played it as you intended. I think I could do it even 1 - 1.5 minutes faster when I give it a second try.

Ah, I see. I shouldn't have deleted that emitter under Odin City.

UpperKEES

After the 3 spore waves I had 5 blasters up and running, so I doubt it if that would have made much of a difference.

I can PM you my solution if you like (same goes for Japanese Invasion; I still owe you that one). :)

Sqaz

Quote from: UpperKEES on June 29, 2010, 09:36:50 AM
After the 3 spore waves I had 5 blasters up and running, so I doubt it if that would have made much of a difference.

I can PM you my solution if you like (same goes for Japanese Invasion; I still owe you that one). :)

No, you don't have to, I already know how to do it (And with an emitter I meant one that can't be capped (something like a single burst of thousand intensity).

But I'd still like the solution of Japanese Invasion :)

UpperKEES

Quote from: Sqaz on June 29, 2010, 10:30:47 AM
And with an emitter I meant one that can't be capped (something like a single burst of thousand intensity).

Yeah, but then the return to the outpost would have been much harder, plus the effect of the river would have been ruined.

Quote from: Sqaz on June 29, 2010, 10:30:47 AM
But I'd still like the solution of Japanese Invasion :)

PM sent. :)