4 (21.1%)
No, they get in the way.
10 (52.6%)
I don't care.
5 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: April 21, 2010, 02:48:52 PM

knucracker

So there are reasons for and against this....
Now that the daily rate of map comments and new map topics has settled down, what do people prefer?
Do you want the map comments to show up when you click "Show unread posts since last visit"?  Right now they don't (thanks to some handy hacking).  But, I can certainly restore them....

Karsten75

This is so funny.  I know I complained both ways. After my previous post on this, I got to thinking that as it stands now, the comments pretty much function as the old system did - only people coming in from the map will see it. That may cut down on some chit-chat that "normal" forum threads will experience.

So right now I don't know. I'm gonna sit this out for a little while.

Daos

There are a lot of comments that get updated. But as egoistic as I am, I only care for my own maps ;) But unfortunately the maps are not sorted by author. And finding my own maps in this big ball of threads is anoying as hell, so I don't even bother searching for them and just check all these updates as "read".

If every mapauthor gets a subforum for his maps, then this feature would be more usefull. You could easily see if your maps got an comment.

Sqaz

But for now, I don't want to read every comment, if you want to see a comment from a map you can just directly go from the map page.

UpperKEES

Yep, just click your maps from the map page.

Or, you could just enter your name in the search box (on the right top) when viewing the Map Comments board. This will also list all your maps.

See? Life is easy in the Creeper World.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Karsten75

I finally decided. I like the status quo. All the map comments are superfluous to the forum per se.

Edit: on a side note. I check the auto poster stats and it has finally caught up and posted a thread for *every* map.  Means at least one person has looked at every map on the site (or set their bot to crawl all the maps). Would have preferred the first of those.

Vexsin

I think they get in the way of normal forum traffic to show up as unread posts. Most people want to read the normal forum chit-chat.

Just my 2ยข

J

I think the best is to do this;
only new maps
or only new comments

Can change in profile.

UpperKEES

Quote from: jstudio on April 21, 2010, 09:49:42 AM
only new maps
or only new comments

This would mean a 'yes', as posts will never show up again after being marked as read.

Quote from: jstudio on April 21, 2010, 09:49:42 AM
Can change in profile.

It's not something that can be configured per member with this third party forum software. Virgil uses a little trick to get this done (a general setting for all of us).

knucracker

So the majority of people prefer things the way they are currently;  map comments do not show up as unread posts since last visit.
I'll leave things the way they are right now...

UpperKEES

I have to admit that I regret voting to not show them. I actually enjoy reading the comments and I often find a map that I like this way.