Custom Map #2803: Ticon Refinery. By: flareboy127

Started by AutoPost, November 15, 2015, 07:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2803: Ticon Refinery

Author: flareboy127
Size: 150x250

Desc:
This is a sleeper map - all credits for sleeper code go to Telanir (Balck hole thing is mine) The Ticon Refinery has nearly ben overrun. A mysterious object flys above the ground droping digitalis anywhere it goes. Sleepers infest the planet. Take back the refinery or lose a vital anti-creeper foothold

cecel123

Great map, but are both Sleepers supposed to explode when one is destroyed?
"Mom, why would I do drugs when I have video games?"

flareboy127

Yes, both sleepers are there to make the difficulty harder but destroying one causes a chain reaction that destroys both of them
NMASDA - National Missile and Atomic Science Development Association - CW3 Post your scores to the group NMASDA today!

Indominus

I'm still a little confused by the whole CRPL thing.  What the hell is a Sleeper?

RrR

Quote from: Indominus on November 17, 2015, 12:18:51 AM
I'm still a little confused by the whole CRPL thing.  What the hell is a Sleeper?

Play and you'll find out!

A "sleeper" is an enemy command node that makes creeper powered weapons that attack you. It's a game mod by Telanir. See https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=18407.0

flareboy127

Working on my next map, going to make it a part of some sort of mini campaign hopefully with more surprises than just sleepers.
sneak peak for my next map, its got something to do with:

NMASDA - National Missile and Atomic Science Development Association - CW3 Post your scores to the group NMASDA today!

flareboy127

Well, because I worked on the map for a long time straight, I've completed it: forum is located here: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=19590.0

Indominus

Well, I made it to 23 minutes before I gave up.  Maybe I should try an easier Sleeper map first...
There were just too many enemy towers.

Johnny Haywire

I like that these maps are pretty easy (compared to other Sleeper maps). It's good to have good quality maps for players of all skill levels - not everyone is going to be a hard-core strategist like the elite guys that finish maps in 3 minutes.

One request if I may... I noticed you using "there" a few times when it should have been "their". Thought this might be helpful:
"There" indicates position: "The dog is over there." 
"Their" indicates possession: "That is their fault".
"They're" is a contraction for "They are": "They're going to the store"

English is a very inconsistent language, and I realize it's not easy to learn. So no worries =)

Thanks for your work on the maps - they're pretty fun and I especially like it when maps have a plot. Good work, m8!
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

flareboy127

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on November 18, 2015, 11:32:22 AM
I like that these maps are pretty easy (compared to other Sleeper maps). It's good to have good quality maps for players of all skill levels - not everyone is going to be a hard-core strategist like the elite guys that finish maps in 3 minutes.

One request if I may... I noticed you using "there" a few times when it should have been "their". Thought this might be helpful:
"There" indicates position: "The dog is over there." 
"Their" indicates possession: "That is their fault".
"They're" is a contraction for "They are": "They're going to the store"

English is a very inconsistent language, and I realize it's not easy to learn. So no worries =)

Thanks for your work on the maps - they're pretty fun and I especially like it when maps have a plot. Good work, m8!
Thanks for the grammar tips, I might be in high school but I sure can not spell

Johnny Haywire

Heh, don't sweat it. I'd much rather play a good game with bad grammar than play a bad game with good grammar. No contest. Like, when was the last time you watched a TV show and said, "Wow. What an awful show! But it was so exciting listening to their good grammar!"?   I personally loved the show "Psych" but the writers could never seem to use "Gus and I" / "Gus and me" correctly. So hey, if professional writers can't get stuff right then iz no biggie prob yanno, right?  :)

Keep up the great work on the maps - I love the sleeper ones especially!   ;D

flareboy127

flareboy127

Johnny Haywire